Alumni Association Board 2021 -2022
The School of Nursing Alumni Association is an organization of all VUSN graduates. Its leadership is committed to supporting the School through assistance with development, alumni relations, student interaction, and community affairs. The goal of the Alumni Board is to support the School of Nursing by establishing and maintaining a strong alumni network, fostering positive student interactions with alumni, and increasing the community's awareness of the role of nursing and advanced practice nursing. Bylaws of the Alumni Association can be found here.
The Board of Directors steers the activities and interests of the Alumni Association. Members are nominated and approved by the current Board.
- President: Joanie Laughlin Jeannette, DNP student, MSN’04 (health systems management), BSN’83, administrative director of adult inpatient medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville
- Past-President: Hannah Carroll Lowe, DNP, MSN’14 (family), family nurse practitioner, Premise Health PRN, and owner/consultant, Nutritional Medical Solutions, Huntsville, Ala.
- Desireé Clement, DNP’17, PMC’15 (family), assistant professor & director of family nurse practitioner program at Emory University Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, and dual family nurse practitioner & certified nurse midwife at Clarkston Community Health Center & Harriet Tubman Women’s Clinic, Atlanta
- Charlotte Mathias Covington, MSN’89 (family), BSN’69, associate professor emerita, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville
- Ekom Essien, MSN’14 (pediatric primary care), BS’10, pediatric nurse practitioner, Maple City Health Care Center, and clinical faculty, Goshen College, South Bend, Ind.
- Matt Martin, DNP’14, MSN’12 (health systems management), director of regulatory and accreditation services, HCA Healthcare – Clinical Operations Group, and instructor, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville
- Donna Behler McArthur, PhD, MSN’77 (community & family health), adjunct clinical professor, University of Arizona College of Nursing, and associate, department of neurology; adjunct professor, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Tucson
- Thomasena Moore, DNP’19 (health systems management), registered nurse and quality management nurse consultant, VA Quality Scholars Nurse Fellow, Durham Veterans Administration Health Care System, Durham, N.C.
- Alexis Myers, MSN’17 (pediatric primary care), BA’14, certified pediatric nurse practitioner, UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, and PhD student, Rush University School of Nursing, Pittsburgh
- Ken Nelson, DNP’13, MSN’11 (health systems management), chief nursing officer, HSHS St. Vincent & St. Mary's Hospitals, Green Bay, Wis.
- Hannah Nolte, PhD student, MSN’17 (psychiatric-mental health), BA’15, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, and psychiatric nurse practitioner, TMS Therapy of Huntsville, Huntsville, Ala.
- Cynthia O’Neal, PhD’07, associate dean for undergrad studies, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Tex.
- Shaunna Parker, MSN’11 (women’s health), instructor, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville
- Joshua Thornsberry, MSN’12 (adult primary care), adult nurse practitioner, Wellstar Health System - Cardiovascular Medicine Department, Atlanta
- Ty Williams, DNP’12, MSN’03 (acute care), assistant professor, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Los Angeles
- Representative on Vanderbilt Alumni Board: Tiffany Street, DNP’18, MSN’03 (acute care), administrative director of ambulatory practice & ambulatory advanced practice, Vanderbilt Heart & Vascular Institute, Nashville