The School of Nursing Alumni Association is an organization of all VUSN graduates. Its leadership is committed to supporting the School through assistance with development, alumni relations, student interaction, and community affairs. The goal of the Alumni Board is to support the School of Nursing by establishing and maintaining a strong alumni network, fostering positive student interactions with alumni, and increasing the community's awareness of the role of advanced practice nursing.
The Board of Directors steers the activities and interests of the Alumni Association. Members are nominated and approved by the current Board.
- President: Joshua Thornsberry, MSN'12 (adult primary care), Cardiovascular Nurse Practitioner, WellStar Health System, Atlanta
- Brooklyn Beaupre, MSN'14 (acute care), Critical Care Nurse Practitioner, Ballard Healthcare, Johnson City, Tenn.
- Charlotte Mathias Covington, BSN'69, MSN'89 (family), Associate Professor Emerita, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville
- Madeline Crego, MSN'17 (acute care), Advance Practice Registered Nurse, Vanderbilt Heart & Vascular Institute, Nashville
- Allison Davis, DNP'15, Chair of Undergraduate Nursing, Union University, Hendersonville, Tenn.
- Ekom Essien, BS'10, MSN'14 (pediatric primary care), Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Indiana Health Center, South Bend, Ind.
- Joanie Laughlin Jeannette, BSN'83, MSN'04 (health systems management), Administrative Director, Adult Inpatient Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville
- Hannah Carroll Lowe, MSN'14 (family), Family Nurse Practitioner, Madison Primary Care, Huntsville, Ala.
- Matt Martin, MSN'12 (health systems management), DNP'14, Director of Business Continuity & Emergency Preparedness, TriStar Skyline Medical Center, Nashville
- Cathy Maxwell, PhD'12, Assistant Professor, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville
- Ken Nelson, MSN'11 (health systems management), DNP'13, Chief Nursing Officer, HSHS St. Vincent Hospital, Green Bay, Wis.
- Shaunna Parker, MSN'11 (women’s health), Instructor, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville
- Tiffany Street, MSN'03 (acute care), DNP'18, Administrative Director of Ambulatory Practice and Ambulatory Advanced Practice, Vanderbilt Heart & Vascular Institute, Nashville
- Ty Williams, MSN'03 (acute care), DNP'12, Assistant Professor, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Los Angeles