Alumni Association Board 2022 -2023
Vision statement: The VUSN Alumni Association enriches the success of a diverse community of present and future alumni by providing professional, academic, social and mentoring opportunities that strengthen each person’s experience and the overall community. The association advocates for the success of the School, its alumni and students, as well as the nursing profession.
All School of Nursing graduates are members of the VUSN Alumni Association. To find out how to get involved as a volunteer or leader, send an email to the Alumni Board president at email@example.com or fill out a contact form.
The Board of Directors steers the activities and interests of the Alumni Association. Members are nominated and approved by the current Board. Board members for 2022-23 are:
- President: Joanie Laughlin Jeannette, DNP student, MSN’04, BSN’83, Associate Operating Officer, Vanderbilt University Adult Hospital Medical Segment
- Past-President: Hannah Carroll Lowe, DNP, MSN’14, family nurse practitioner, Twin Health, Huntsville, Ala.
- President Elect: Ekom Essien, MSN’14, BS’10, pediatric nurse practitioner, Maple City Health Care Center, Goshen, Ind.
- Stephanie Abbu, DNP, MSN’12, Manager of Neonatal Services, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Desireé Clement, DNP’17, PMC’15, Assistant Dean of Graduate Clinical Programs and assistant professor, Emory University’s Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Atlanta
- Gwendolyn Godlock, DNP’20, nurse surveyor, Hospital Accreditation Program, The Joint Commission, and CPT (R) Army Nurse Corps Officer
- Valerie Griffin, DNP, MSN’95, Director of Nurse Practitioner Specializations and associate professor, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville School of Nursing, and nurse practitioner, Heartland Pediatrics and Madison Co. Health Department, Saint Louis area
- Matt Martin, DNP’14, MSN’12, Assistant Vice President of Quality & Patient Safety, North Florida Division of HCA Healthcare, Tallahassee; and instructor at VUSN
- Donna Behler McArthur, PhD, MSN’77, adjunct clinical professor, University of Arizona College of Nursing, and associate, UAHS department of neurology, Tucson; and adjunct professor at VUSN
- Mark D. Miller, DNP student, MSN’22, adult-gerontology nurse practitioner and associate nursing professor, Motlow State Community College
- Thomasena Moore, DNP’19, nurse consultant, Office of Healthcare Inspections with the Office of Inspector General, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs; advice nurse, United HealthGroup, Optum Patient Helpline division; consulting faculty, Duke University School of Nursing, Durham, N.C.; and adjunct faculty, VUSN
- Alexis Myers, MSN’17, BA’14 , adolescent medicine nurse practitioner at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and PhD student at Rush University School of Nursing
- Hannah Nolte, PhD student, MSN’17, BA’15, psychiatric nurse practitioner, Empowered Heart Integrative Mental Health Care
- Cynthia O’Neal, PhD’07, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- Shaunna Parker, MSN’11, women’s health nurse practitioner and instructor, VUSN Women’s Health/Gender-Related program
- Jolene E. Ramirez, DNP’19, nurse executive and Associate Chief Nursing Officer, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Imelda Reyes, DNP’12, Associate Dean of Advanced Education and professor in residence, University of Nevada Las Vegas
- Ty Williams, DNP’12, MSN’03, acute care nurse practitioner, family nurse practitioner and assistant professor, VUSN
- Kelli Wray, DNP’17, Chief Nursing Officer at Good Samaritan Hospital, HCA Healthcare, San Jose, Calif.
- Liaison from VUSN Graduate Council: Kristen Hughes, MSN student, President, VUSN Graduate Council
- Representative on Vanderbilt Alumni Board: Tiffany Street, DNP’18, MSN’03, Associate Nursing Officer, Vanderbilt Heart and Vascular Institute, and assistant professor, VUSN