The School of Nursing Alumni Association is an organization of all VUSN graduates. Its leadership is committed to supporting the School through assistance with development, alumni relations, student interaction, and community affairs. The goal of the Alumni Association Board is to support the School of Nursing by establishing and maintaining a strong alumni network, fostering positive student interactions with alumni, and increasing the community's awareness of the role of advanced practice nursing.
The Board of Directors steers the activities and interests of the Alumni Association. Members are nominated and approved by the current Board.
- President: Tiffany Street, MSN'03 (Acute Care), DNP'18, Director for Advanced Practice, Vanderbilt Heart and Vascular Institute. email@example.com
- Vice President: Ty Williams, MSN'03 (Acute Care), DNP'12, Assistant Professor, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brooklyn Beaupre, MSN'14 (Acute Care), Nurse Practitioner-Cardiology, Mountain States Medical Group, Johnson City, Tenn.
- Margaret McKinney Buxton, MSN'98 (Nurse-Midwifery), Clinical Director, Baby+Co., Nashville.
- Christina Cardy, MSN'16 (Acute Care), DNP'17, Nurse Practitioner, University of South Florida Health, Tampa.
- Charlotte Mathias Covington, BSN'69, MSN'89 (Family), Associate Professor, Emerita, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing.
- Madeline Crego, MSN’17 (Acute Care), Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Vanderbilt Heart & Vascular Institute.
- Allison Davis, DNP'15, Associate Professor of Nursing and Chair, UG Nursing Program, Union University, Hendersonville, Tenn.
- Jane Dempster, BSN'78, Hepatobiliary Clinical Coordinator, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas.
- Melissa Kalensky, DNP'15, Assistant Professor, Rush University College of Nursing, Chicago.
- Hannah Carroll Lowe, MSN'14 (Family), Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Cathy Maxwell, PhD'12, Assistant Professor, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing.
- Kaitlin Neary, MSN'13 (Acute Care), Heart Failure Nurse Practitioner, Seton Medical Center, Austin, Texas.
- Tanya Sorrell, MSN'03 (Psych-Mental Health), Owner/Nurse Practitioner, Yuma Mental Health & Wellness Center, Yuma, Ariz; Assistant Professor, University of Colorado- Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora.
- Joshua Thornsberry, MSN'12 (Primary Care), Cardiovascular Adult Nurse Practitioner, WellStar Health System, Atlanta.