Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Vanderbilt University School of Nursing is preparing skilled, experienced advanced practice nurses who are increasing access to quality health care for people everywhere.
Not only is Vanderbilt School of Nursing creating more flexible ways to study and earn the MSN degree, we are also employing innovative approaches and offering widespread opportunities for experience in clinical practice.
Hallmarks of our MSN program include:
- Multiple entry options – for nurses and for non-nurses
- MSN advanced practice specialties to suit varied professional interests
- Distributed course delivery, flexible formats and distance learning for many MSN advanced practice specialties
- Modern facilities in the newly renovated Godchaux Hall
- An extensive nurse faculty practice network
- Technology to Support Learning
- Dual degrees with Vanderbilt Divinity School: MSN/MTS-DIV
- Excellent RN licensure and specialty certification pass rates
Vanderbilt University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelors, masters, professional, and doctor’s degrees.
Contact SACSCOC for questions about accreditation of Vanderbilt University:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
The School of Nursing is approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing. Vanderbilt School of Nursing was a charter member of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Nursing, which later was incorporated into the National League for Nursing (NLN).
The master’s, post-master’s certificate and doctor of nursing practice nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036; (202) 887-6791.
The Nurse-Midwifery program at Vanderbilt University School of Nursing is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME).
Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education
8403 Colesville Rd, Suite 1550
Silver Spring MD 20910-6374
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20202
Be sure to check our Admissions Requirements, review the Application Checklist and apply online https://apply.vanderbilt.edu/apply. You will also find information about Financial Aid and Housing on our website. If you have questions or need assistance, contact our Admissions team by email or phone (toll free: 1-888-333-9192).