Here are ways you can stay connected to VUSN
- Update Class Notes: Every VUSN graduate has exciting things happening, both professionally and personally. Class Notes is an opportunity to learn what other alumni are doing and share news about yourself. We’d love to hear from you! To submit news, click hereor call 615-322-4836.
- Follow and tag VUSN on social media: The School has a presence on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube. (See tabs to links at the bottom of this page.)
- Register for VUConnect: Vanderbilt’s online alumni community offers directory services and opportunities to stay connected to your classmates. Activate your account and build alumni networking relationships, explore nursing job postings and find a VU alumni chapter near you for fun and educational events. Contact Alumni Relations for help registering.
- Be a preceptor: Sharing your knowledge and experience is an invaluable way to contribute to the education of Vanderbilt nursing students. Please email our Clinical Placement Office or call 615-322-3684 when you are interested in serving as a preceptor to a current MSN student.
- Help a student find placement in your area: No matter when you graduated from VUSN or what your degree is, you probably know people in your town or field who would be excellent preceptors. Please refer those individuals or organizations to our Clinical Placement Office, 615-322-3684.
- Nominate graduates and friends for Alumni Association awards: The Alumni Board presents nine awards at Reunion. Chances are that you know an outstanding graduate or friend of the profession of nursing who deserves to be recognized. More information can be found here.
- Host/attend regional activities: There are VUSN graduates all over the globe, maybe even close to you. And they love an excuse to get together! If you’re interested in organizing and/or hosting an event in your area, please click here or call 615-322-4836.
- Hire a graduate: If you’re aware of openings in your business or community, please contact Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-322-4836, or post listings at vuconnect.com.
- Speak to a class about your expertise and experiences: There’s nothing like real world experience! What knowledge can you share that not found in books or videos? Consider presenting to a class in person or online. Click hereor call 615-322-4836 to volunteer.
Be a VUSN AmbassaDore: Support the activities of the Alumni Association as well as the offices of Alumni Relations, Enrollment Management, Student Affairs and the Dean, by committing to at least one of the following projects. Apply here.
- Speak with a prospective student via email, phone or in person to answer questions and share experiences as a student and alumnus.
- Attend an on-campus Alumni Board event (such as Know Your Value) to greet and mingle with attendees, and support the event’s objective.
- Join an event hosted by the School (Admitted Student Day, Orientation, Pinning, a reception at a national conference, etc.) to help with registration and socialize with attendees.
- Welcome and assist an alumnus who is new to your area by email, phone or in person.
- Identify three (3) strong candidates as preceptor sites for students.
- Lend your name to letters and contact class/specialty-mates to encourage attendance at Reunion events and support of class giving goals.
- Promote VUSN news like award nominations, Giving Day, Reunion and alumni speakers on social media.
- Assist the Alumni Office by researching employment status and contact information of 50 class/specialty-mates.
- Join the Alumni Board: All School of Nursing graduates are members of the VUSN Alumni Association, which advocates for the success of the School, its alumni and students, as well as the nursing profession. For more information, including its vision statement, click here.