Here are ways you can stay connected to VUSN
- Be a preceptor: Sharing your knowledge and experience is an invaluable way to contribute to the education of Vanderbilt nursing students. Please contact our Clinical Placement Office or call 615 - 322 - 3684 when you are interested in serving as a preceptor to a current MSN student.
- Help a student find placement in your area: No matter when you graduated from VUSN or what your degree is, you probably know people in your town or field who would be excellent preceptors. Please refer those individuals or organizations to our Clinical Placement Office or calling 615-322-3684.
- Host/attend regional activities: There are VUSN graduates all over the globe, maybe even close to you. And they love an excuse to get together! If you’re interested in organizing and/or hosting an event in your area, please click here or call 615-322-4836.
- Nominate graduates and friends for Alumni Association awards: The Alumni Board has the opportunity to present 9 awards at Reunion; the president accepts nominations for these awards year-round. Chances are that you know an outstanding graduate or friend of the profession of nursing who deserves to be recognized. More information can be found here.
- Hire a graduate: If you’re aware of openings in your business or community, please contact Alumni Relations at email@example.com , call 615 - 322 - 4836 or 615 - 343 - 333, or post listings at: www.vuconnect.com .
- Speak to a class about your expertise and experiences: There’s nothing like real world experience! What knowledge can you share with current students (and/or alumni) that they can’t get from books or video? Please consider presenting to a class either in person or online. Please click here or call 615-322-4836 for more information
- Be an Admissions Office ambassador by recruiting prospective students: Do you someone considering a career in nursing? Or health research? Healthcare leadership? Nurses who would like to advance their careers by obtaining a higher academic degree? Please encourage them to connect with our Admissions Office to determine if Vanderbilt is the right place for them. Additionally, please let us know if you are interested in talking with alumni at conferences and school fairs. Please click here .
- Update Class Notes: Every VUSN graduate has exciting things happening in her or his life, both professionally and personally. Class Notes – printed twice a year in the Vanderbilt Nurse Magazine and available online – is an opportunity for you to not only learn what other alumni are doing but also share news about your life. We would love to hear what you've been up to! Please click here or call 615-322-4836.
- Follow and tag VUSN on social media: The School has a presence on these social media – Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest,Twitter and YouTube.
- Volunteer for your Reunion: Where did all that time go since you were pinned?? Do you wonder what your classmates are doing these days? Wishing you could reconnect to network, build professional relationships, reminisce about old times? Well, you’re in luck! Vanderbilt University celebrates Reunion during Homecoming every fall. The School of Nursing uses this opportunity to bring alumni together for a weekend of activities. Please visit: http://reunion.vanderbilt.edu/nursing for information about the next VUSN Reunion. And be sure to contact Andrea Zink (615-936-0247) if you’d like to volunteer, make a class gift or receive additional information.
- Join the Alumni Board: The School of Nursing Alumni Association is an organization of all VUSN graduates. Its leadership is committed to supporting the School through assistance with development, alumni relations, student interaction, and community affairs. The goal of the Alumni Board is to support the School of Nursing by establishing and maintaining a strong alumni network, fostering positive student interactions with alumni, and increasing the community's awareness of the role of advanced practice nursing. To find out how to get involved as a volunteer or leader, please click here.
- Register for VUConnect: Vanderbilt’s online alumni community offers directory services and opportunities to stay connected to your classmates. Activate your account and build alumni networking relationships, explore nursing job postings, and find a VU alumni chapter near you for fun and educational events. You can link up with Vanderbilt wherever you are at: vuconnect.com. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-322-4836 if you have trouble registering.