Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
Entry into our DNP Program can be achieved through various paths. Click to view complete DNP admission requirements.
- MSN and APRN certification as either an NP, CNM, CNS or CRNA: Advanced Clinical Practice, Advanced Systems Practice or Executive Leadership Tracks
- MSN in healthcare leadership or nursing informatics: Advanced Systems or Executive Leadership Tracks
- BSN and a master’s in a non-nursing, health-related field (MBA, MPH, MHA, MMHC, etc.): DNP Advanced Systems or Executive Leadership Tracks only. Additional courses may be required.
- MSN or MN in Nursing Education with systems practice experience: DNP Advanced Systems or Executive Leadership Tracks only. Additional courses may be required.
- MSN or MN in Nursing Education or Entry Into Practice Master’s: DNP plus Post-Master’s Certificate adding an advanced practice specialty
- BSN only: BSN to DNP Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner/Emergency Nurse Practitioner Tracks.
Note: Applicants with a master’s degree in nursing education or similar non APRN focus must apply to the DNP plus post-master’s certificate program (except health care leaders applying to Advanced Systems or Executive Leadership Track). Vanderbilt also offers post-master’s entry for advanced practice nurses who hold an MSN and wish to add an additional specialty certification as part of their DNP program of studies .
Applicants with a BSN degree can:
- Make a seamless transition from our advanced practice nursing MSN program into the DNP program
- BSN applicants complete the online MSN application (available after September 15)
- Refer to the MSN program information for the details regarding your advanced practice interest area
- Applicants interested in the BSN entry to DNP AGACNP or ENP specialty complete the DNP application
Vanderbilt University is a participating institution in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). North Carolina is a member of SARA, and Vanderbilt is approved to offer programs and courses, such as the MSN, PMC, DNP and PhD programs, that are in compliance with SARA policies and standards.
For International Students Only entry requirements.