Vanderbilt Center for Gerontological Nursing Excellence
Member of the National Hartford Center for Gerontological Nursing Excellence
The Vanderbilt University School of Nursing Center for Gerontological Nursing Excellence (VCGNE) consists of educators, researchers, and clinicians who are committed to providing excellent health care to older adults in the middle Tennessee area and beyond. VCGNE is proud to be a member of the National Hartford Centers of Gerontological Nursing Excellence (NHCGNE). The mission of the VCGNE is to promote the development of nursing clinical leaders, faculty, staff and researchers to enhance gerontological nursing across the continuum of care.
- Support and mentor students, fellows, and faculty for research, teaching, practice, and informatics in gerontology.
- Disseminate scholarly work through professional meetings, conferences and professional literature.
- Promote interprofessional gerontological focused partnerships in the community.
- Support the Students Interested in Gerontological Nursing (SIIGN).
Students Interested in Gerontological Nursing (SIIGN)
- Sidney Dean--President
- Wesley O'Donald- Vice President
- Treasurer- Olivia Hoff
- Secretary- Sherefa Dixon Co
- mmunity outreach- Savannah Warren
- Public Relations- Claire Froman
- Faculty/ Student Liaison- Dawn Shamkin
- Cathy Maxwell
- Kanah Lewallen