The Postdoctoral Program at Vanderbilt School of Nursing is open to nurses who have completed a doctoral program (PhD) within the past five years and are able to locate to Nashville, TN.
Required Application Components:
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended
- A letter (1-2 pages) that describes professional career goals, reasons for pursuing postdoctoral education, goals for postdoctoral education, focus or area of research along with potential VUSN mentor and expectations for mentorship. In explaining why you selected a specific mentor please address how the selected mentor matches your proposed area of research. You are welcome to make personal contact with our faculty via email in order to help determine common research interests. It will also be helpful to include an anticipated date available to start.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
Selection of fellows rests heavily on a strong match between the candidate and faculty mentor.
For any additional information, please contact the Program Manager.
The completed application package (needs to include all the above materials) must be submitted before either the March 1, 2019 or October 1, 2019 deadline. Please send application materials to VUSNPostdoctoralProgram@vanderbilt.edu.
Applicants that are not United States citizens must be eligible for either an H-1B or J-1 Visa.
- For J-1 visa requirements please visit: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/isss/immigration/j-1-scholars/
- For H-1B requirements, please visit : https://www.vanderbilt.edu/gss/immigration/index.php