Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunities:There are no current openings for a Postdoctoral Fellow in the VUSN Postdoctoral Program. Please check back for further details on the next application submission deadline .
The Postdoctoral Program at Vanderbilt School of Nursing is open to nurses who have completed a doctoral program (PhD) within the past five years who are eligible for U.S. employment and able to relocate to Nashville, TN.
Required Application Components:
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which is from a representative of the applicant’s dissertation committee. Letters should address the applicants’ scholarly abilities, area for growth, and future potential in academia and emailed directly from the recommender to VUSNpostdoc@vanderbilt.edu.
- 1-3 writing samples that can include publications and academic work (e.g., dissertation).
- Cover letter (2-5 pages single-spaced) that describes previous research experience, goals for postdoctoral training and career, focus/area of research and a VUSN faculty member who could potentially serve as mentor, expectations/needs during mentorship, and an idea for potential research project to carry out during the postdoctoral training (feasible to conduct in about two years). Please include potential anticipated start date.
Selection of fellows rests heavily on a strong match between the candidate and faculty mentor.
If you are interested in learning more about our program, please submit an INQUIRY.
There are no current openings for a Postdoctoral Fellow in the VUSN Postdoctoral Program. Please check back for further details on the next application submission deadline .
Applicants that are not United States citizens must be eligible for either an H-1B or J-1 Visa.
- For J-1 visa requirements please visit: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/isss/immigration/j-1-scholars/
- For H-1B requirements, please visit : https://www.vanderbilt.edu/gss/immigration/index.php
Academic Pathways Fellowship
VUSN Postdoctoral applicants also have the opportunity to apply for Academic Pathways Fellowships. Academic Pathways is a program designed to prepare recently graduated doctoral students (PhD, EdD, etc.) and/or a law degree (JD) for competitive academic careers. The need is particularly acute to develop faculty candidates who come from diverse racial, ethnic and other backgrounds and experiences, as differing experiences, views and perspectives are of exceptional value for academic institutions in their research and educational roles. Applications for this program are accepted once per year in the fall. More information.