Vanderbilt University School of Nursing (VUSN) faculty are committed to our students' success in their chosen program of studies. In order to maximize student success, VUSN offers resources to facilitate strengthening of several academic support areas. Examples include test-taking and organization.
The goals of Academic Coaching Services are to help students:
- Identify academic problems or difficulties
- Develop and evaluate strategies to minimize academic issues
- Connect with appropriate campus resources and services.
Vanderbilt University resources that VUSN students have found to be invaluable include but are not limited to the:
Center for Student Wellbeing
- The mission of the Center for Student Wellbeing is to create a culture that supports the personal development and academic success of students using an integrative, holistic framework. Use this URL https://www.vanderbilt.edu/healthydores/to explore the services offered by the Center, such as:
- Wellbeing, Academic, and Peer Coaching
- Online Academic Skills Support
- Recovery Support Services
- Weekly Wellbeing Practices
- Skill-building Workshops
- Student-led Initiatives
- Trainings to Identify and Respond to Student Needs
- Substance Use Screenings
- Awareness and Prevention Programming
- The VU Writing Studio is designed to assist students with any writing projects and concerns. Use this URL https://www.vanderbilt.edu/writing/graduate-students/ to review services and available resources. Distance Learner Scheduling is available.
For individual academic counseling appointments, please contact: Dr. Rolanda Johnson’s assistant, Beth Sims, at email@example.com.