Guide for new DNP and BSN-DNP Students
The following is a guide to help make your transition to Vanderbilt a smooth one. The months recommended are guides to help insure that you do not miss deadlines. You should feel free to complete these tasks earlier unless otherwise indicated.
- Claim your VUNet ID and password – Instructions on how to claim your VUNet and e-password will be sent to your personal email address from the University Registrar’s Office. The sender’s address will be NoReply@vanderbilt.edu. This email should be received within 10 business days from the time your pay your deposit.
- Vanderbilt Email – Once you have claimed your VUNet ID and e-password, all official correspondence from VUSN will be sent to your Vanderbilt email address. It is important that you monitor your VUSN email. You can access your Vanderbilt email at: https://outlook.com.
- Financial Aid Application – Financial Aid Application – If you have NOT received a financial aid information packet by e-mail from the VUSN Student Financial Services Office, please contact Kristie Smith by phone at (615) 322-8986 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to apply for financial aid on a timely basis.
– Available online at
School Code: 003535
*If you have any questions regarding financial aid, please call Kristie Smith at the VUSN Student Financial Aid Services Office at (615) 322-8986 or (800) 211-2186.
- Financial Aid Award Notification – You will receive notification of your financial aid award notification from the VUSN Student Financial Services Office by the end of April. Once you receive the financial aid award notification, please follow all the instructions for completing the loan promissory notes online.
New Student Compliance Requirements
The list of new student compliance requirements (including State, University, and School immunizations and required training) will be posted on the Admitted Students page April 1, 2022.
Completing these requirements is of utmost importance. The deadline to have new student requirements completed is July 1, 2022.
Housing and Travel
Off-Campus Housing – If you are relocating to Nashville, make arrangements for housing. At this time, Vanderbilt does NOT offer on-campus housing for graduate students.
The Vanderbilt University Housing Office has a website to assist students in finding off-campus housing. Please visit https://offcampushousing.vanderbilt.edu for more information.
Distance-Learners – If you are attending VUSN in a distance-learning format, identify travel options including hotels and flights, if applicable. Hotel information, including hotels who offer discounts to VUSN students, will be posted on this website March 15, 2022.
All VUSN students are eligible to receive an on-campus parking permit. New students with weekly in person learning requirements that seek campus parking options, should access the link below. New students are eligible to purchase a permit in mid-August.
Distance students will NOT need to purchase an on-campus parking pass. Parking options for distance students can be found at the following website.
- Registration Instructions – You will not be able to register until your new student requirements are 100% complete. Registration instructions will be posted on this website April 1, 2022. Students will be able to register on or after July 1, 2022. Contact Sara Donahoe, Director of Nursing Student Records, with further questions at email@example.com.
- Student Privacy Statement – New students should read the Vanderbilt Student Privacy Statement (FERPA Annual Notice) at https://registrar.vanderbilt.edu/ferpa
Prerequisite Courses – If you are completing prerequisite courses, you must have an official academic transcript sent to the Center for Data Management as soon as you have final grades. Please submit this information to Vanderbilt by August 10, 2022.
Degree Completion – If you have completed a degree since your initial application, please have an updated official transcript showing the degree conferred mailed to the Center for Data Management by July 31, 2022.
Mailing Address - Transcripts should be sent to the Center for Data Management. They will accept paper or electronic transcripts
Center for Data Management Vanderbilt University
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37240-7833
If your school uses an electronic transcript service such as Parchment, Naviance, Docufide or Scrip Safe, have your University Registrar send the transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Health Insurance
All students will automatically be billed for Student Health Insurance (coverage is for an entire academic year). If you have hospitalization insurance that is comparable to Vanderbilt’s policy and wish to waive this Health Insurance fee, you must complete the online waiver form on the Academic Health Plans (AHP) website. Vanderbilt employees who are covered by Vanderbilt Health Insurance will need to process a waiver. You must complete the online waiver form that will become available on the AHP website June 15, 2022. The deadline to waive insurance is August 1, 2022. Please print a copy of your insurance waiver confirmation.
Health insurance is required of all Vanderbilt students. Personal health insurance is to cover any emergency including illness or injury that might occur. Information regarding the policy coverage is posted on the AHP website.
Email and Website Information
- Your application or admission – email@example.com
- New Student Orientation – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Required immunizations, documentation and background check –contact Lisa Boyer at email@example.com
- Fall schedule/transfer of credit – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid – email@example.com
- Information technology/computers – firstname.lastname@example.org