Nina Collins MSN, RN, ACNP-BC
Nina Collins joined the AGACNP faculty at VUSN in 2019. Her nursing career started as a Trauma ICU nurse at Vanderbilt University Medical Center before transitioning into her practice as an inpatient acute care nurse practitioner for the Division of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care. She specializes in the care of Tracheostomy and Gastrostomy patients. She also has nurse practitioner experience in the outpatient Trauma clinic, LTAC care, and with the Rapid Response team.
- MSN, Vanderbilt University
- BSN, Tennessee Wesleyan University
- BS, Vanderbilt University
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP-BC) - American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support - American Heart Association
- TNCC, PALS, ATLS completed
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Safety and efficacy of multidisciplinary procedure teams
- Utilizing nurse practitioners on the trauma service to decrease length of stay and improve staff satisfaction
- Benefits of proactive rapid response teams
- Part-time clinical faculty in the AGACNP program
Evans, P., Smith, M., Collins, N., Pendergast, K., Schneeberger, S., Kopp, E., Dennis, B., Guillamondegui, O. (2020). Multidisciplinary Bedside Procedure Service. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 16 (4). 290-293.
Burrell, E., Kapu, A., Huggins, E., Cole, K., Fitzsimmons, J., Collins, N. & Weavind, L. (2020). Dedicated, Proactive, Nurse Practitioner Rapid Response Team Eliminating Barriers. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 16(1), 17-20.
Bartow, C. & Collins, N. (2018). Benefits of a Multidisciplinary Tracheostomy Team: Acute Care Experience. Perspectives of the American Speech - Language - Hearing Special Interest Groups, SIG 13 (3).
Collins, N., Miller, R., Kapu, A., Martin, R., Morton, M., Forrester, M, Atkinson, S., Evans, B. & Wilkinson, L. (2014). Outcomes of Adding Acute Care Nurse Practitioners to a Level One Trauma Service with the Goal of Decreased Length of Stay and Improved Physician and Nursing Satisfaction. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. 76(2). 353-357.
- Assistant in Surgery, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Division of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, Vanderbilt University Medical Center