Misty Evans DNP, APRN, CPNP-AC
Dr. Misty Evans is an Assistant Professor in the Pediatric Nursing Practitioner Acute Care program. She is a nurse practitioner at TriStar Children's Hospital Centennial in Nashville, TN. Dr. Evans has a strong clinical background in pediatric hematology-oncology and hematopoietic stem cell transplant. She has had publications in such journals as the Journal for Bone Marrow Transplantation, Pediatric Blood & Cancer, and Pediatric Transplantation. She has been an invited speaker for the Children's Oncology Group.
- DNP, Vanderbilt University
- Post-Master's Certificate, Vanderbilt University (PNP-AC)
- MSN, Tennessee State University (Nurse Education)
- BSN, Middle Tennessee State University
- Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Graft Versus Host Disease in Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant
Maheshwari S., Kassim A., Yeh R.F., Domm J., Calder C., Evans M., Manes B., Bruce K., Brown V., Ho R., Frangoul H., & Yang E. (2014). Targeted Busulfan therapy with a steady-state concentration of 600-700-ng/mL in patients with sickle cell disease receiving HLA-identical sibling bone marrow transplant. Bone Marrow Transplantation, 49(3), 366-9.
Frangoul, H., Min, W., Chandrasekhar, R., Calder, C., Evans, M., Manes, B., Bruce, K., Brown, V., Ho, R., & Domm, J. (2013). Incidence and risk factors for hypogammaglobulinemia in pediatric patients following allo-SCT. Bone Marrow Transplantation, 48(11), 1456-9.
Bruce, K., Hall, L., Castelo, S., Evans, M., & Frangoul, H. (2012). Direct provider feedback to decrease chemotherapy ordering errors: the "gray envelope" initiative. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 59(7), 1330-1.
McManus, M.P., Wang, L., Calder, C., Manes, B., Evans, M., Bruce, K., Ho, R.H., Domm, J., & Frangoul, H. (2012). Comparison of pre-cryopreserved and post-thaw-and-wash-nucleated cell count on major outcomes following unrelated cord blood transplant in children. Pediatric Transplantation, 16(5), 438-42.
Korhonen, K., Lovvorn, H.N. 3rd, Koyama, T., Koehler, E., Calder, C., Manes, B., Evans, M., Bruce, K., Ho, R.H., Domm, J., Frangoul, H. (2012). Incidence, risk factors, and outcome of pneumatosis intestinalis in pediatric stem cell transplant recipients. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 58(4), 616-20.
Pine, M., Wang, L., Harrell, F.E. Jr, Calder, C., Manes, B., Evans, M., Domm, J., & Frangoul, H. (2011). The effect of obesity on outcome of unrelated cord blood transplant in children with malignant diseases. Bone Marrow Transplantation, 46(10), 1309-13.
- Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses
- American Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- Pediatric Blood & Marrow Transplant Consortium
- International Society of Pediatric Oncology
- Children's Oncology Group
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Tennessee Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association