Melissa Ott DNP, PMHNP-BC, FNP-BC
Melissa Ott is a part-time faculty member. Prior to this, she served as adjunct faculty for nine years at VUSN and also in the past worked as an adjunct faculty member for Belmont University. Her career has been largely revolving around psychiatric care. She has experience as an assistant director of nursing, worked as a family nurse practitioner, and has worked in various psychiatric settings; community mental health, schizophrenia and other thought disorder research, major depressive disorder research, private practice. Currently, she works in her own private practice along with her part-time instructor appointment at Vanderbilt University School of Nursing.
- DNP University of Alabama, Birmingham Campus
- Post Masters Vanderbilt University, PMHNP
- MSN Vanderbilt University, FNP
- BSN Belmont University
- BS Psychology University of Pittsburgh
- ANCC certified
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
I am interested in helping patients integrate faith/spirituality into practice who desire this intervention. I am also interested in entrepreneurial practice for Nurse Practitioners and providing successful models for successful nurse practitioner independent practice.
- Advanced Health Assessment and Clinical Reasoning
- Advanced Health Assessment Applications for Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioners
- Practicum in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing with Individuals, Groups and Families
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Preceptorship
I operate a nurse practitioner psychiatric mental health clinic, serving 9 counties, treating children, adolescents, and adults, helping more than 3,000 patients.
- Member Sigma Theta Tau
- Member Honor Key Society
- Board member for the Nicholas Foundation (inner city youth at risk)