Keith Wood BA
Director, Creative Services and Innovation
Keith Wood is the Director of Creative Services & Innovation for the VUSN Communications & Marketing department. He oversees the technical, visual design, instructional and marketing development projects for the School of Nursing. This encompasses website development, print collateral and interactive multimedia instructional design components.
Wood has twice been the recipient of the "Tradition Meets Innovation Award" for VUSN Staff. His contributions to the VUSN submitted application booklet projects to the National League for Nursing (NLN) and American Association for Men in Nursing (AAMN) was supportive of VUSN being named recipients of those distinctive awards. Wood came to VUSN from the Sporting News in Charlotte, NC, where he served as Creative Director over their print and digital media outlets. While at ACBJ/Sporting News, his work on the Fantasy Baseball publications received the "Best Baseball Print Publication" presented by the Fantasy Sports Writers Association, "Min's most-engaged media brand" and the highest company award, the Eagle Award for outstanding leadership.
Wood earned a bachelor's degree in art from Jacksonville State University while receiving the "Outstanding Achievement in Art Award."
- BA, Jacksonville State University
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- AFRESH. Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville TN; Responsibilities: Graphic Design; 2021-2022
- HRSA-ANEW. Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville TN; Responsibilities: Graphic Design; 2019-2020
- HRSA-SANE. Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville TN; Responsibilities: Graphic Design; 2018-2019
am not an author on publications but support authors and groups in finding
clear means of presenting information.
The selected manuscripts below have graphics created by the VUSN graphics team
and/or myself in concert with Vanderbilt University School of Nursing research and faculty that demonstrate our ability to
collaborate and generate innovative visuals to depict research findings.
- Moss, C. (2022) Fluid and Electrolyte Management in the Neonate: Sodium and Chloride. Neonatal Network, 41(3), 137-144.
- Tilden, E., Phillippi, Ahlberg, M., King, T., Dissanayake, M., Lee, C., Snowden, J., Caughey, A. (2019) Describing latent phase duration and associated characteristics among 1281 low-risk women in spontaneous labor. Birth, 46, 592-601.
- Phillippi, J.C., & Lauderdale, J. (2018). A guide to field notes for qualitative research: Context and conversation. Qualitative Health Research 28(3), 381-388. doi: 10.1177/1049732317697102. PMID: 29298584
- Phillippi, J.C., Holley, S.L., Payne, K., Schorn, M.N., & Karp, S.M. (2016). Facilitators of prenatal care in an exemplar urban clinic. Women and Birth, 29(2), 160-167. doi: 10.1016/j.wombi.2015.09.007. PMID: 26530714.
- Phillippi, J.C., & Barger, M. (2015). Midwives as primary care providers for women. Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health, 60(3), 250-257. doi: 10.1111/jmwh.12295. PMID: 25952932
- NLN Center of Excellence in Nursing Education, 2019
- AAMN Best Nursing School/College for Men in Nursing Award, 2018, 2019
- Tradition Meets Innovation Award for Staff, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, 2013
- American City Business Journals Eagle Award for Excellence, 2001
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Award, Jacksonville State University, 1994