Kathryn McNabb DNP, AGACNP-BC
Instructor in Nursing
Dr. Kathryn McNabb is a DNP prepared, board certified Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with a clinical background in Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery. She earned her MSN from Vanderbilt University in Clinical Management in 2012 and completed a Post-Master's certificate in the AGACNP program from Vanderbilt in 2014. She received her Doctor of Nursing Practice from Duke School of Nursing in 2017.
Her clinical interests include successful patient care transitions from acute care to community setting after carotid revascularization, as well as utilizing literacy appropriate subarachnoid hemorrhage education tools. Dr. McNabb has an active clinical practice in Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery at Vanderbilt Medical Center.
- DNP, Duke University School of Nursing
- Post Master's Certificate, AGACNP, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- MSN, Clinical Management, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- BS, Human and Organizational Development, Vanderbilt University
- Board Certified Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Patient transitions from hospital to community setting
- Literacy appropriate subarachnoid hemorrhage education tools