Christie Wehby Sawyer MSN, APRN, NNP-BC
I am a board certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. I serve in the clinical role of NNP with Pediatrix Medical Group in Nashville, TN. I assist with clinical precepting for NNP students. I am the coordinator of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) at Tristar Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, TN. I am an Assistant Professor of Nursing, in the Neonatal Nurse Practitioner program at Vanderbilt University School of Nursing. I serve as faculty and member of the speakers bureau for TIPQC.
- MSN, Vanderbilt University
- BS, Birmingham-Southern College
- Delivery Room Care
- Pain Management
- Evidence Based Practice
- Complex Discharge Planning
- I teach in the procedures, pathophysiology, and pharmacology courses
- Implementation of 8th edition of NRP at Tristar Centennial in Nashville, TN
- Home NG use in former NICU patients
- TIPQC Speakers Bureau and TIPQC Simulation Training faculty
- Editor for an infant chapter in Maternity and Women's Health Care, 13 edition
2018 Use of High Flow Therapy: Current Practice and Perceptions Regarding Benefits and Challenges. The Report from the United States.
-Served as contributor. Principal investigators Wakako Eklund DNP, APN, NNP-BC and Patricia Scott DNP, APN, NNP-BC
Chapter 36 "Hemolytic Disorders and Congenital Anomalies" for the 13 edition of Maternity and Women's Health Care by Lowdermilk, Perry, Cashion, Alden, and Olshanksy.
9/2016 Simulation: Beyond NRP
-Presentation at Academy of Neonatal Nurses, National Mother Baby Nurses Conference Nashville, TN
2/2012 Simulation Learning Use in Practice
-Group presentation at the Advance Practitioner Meeting, NEO Conference in Orlando, FL
Learning for Babies Conference (Nashville, TN) Planning Committee 2010-present.
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Pediatrix Medical Group, Nashville, TN
- I am a board certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. I am involved in all aspects of infant care including delivery room management and stabilization, acute transport, daily rounds and orders, ventilator management, advanced procedural skills, parent education, nursing education, and management of surgical patients. I am a STABLE instructor and NRP instructor.
- National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN)
- Tennessee Initiative for Perinatal Quality Care, faculty(TIPQC)
- Academy of Neonatal Nursing (ANN)
- Nominee for Advanced Practice Nurse of the Year, 2018