Cate Enstrom DNP, APRN, AGACNP-BC, CNE
Dr. Cate Enstrom joined the VUSN full-time in May 2021 as an Instructor in Nursing. Her clinical background includes emergency medical services, rapid response, cardiac progressive care, and critical care including cardiology, trauma, and surgery. She completed an APP critical care fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. She teaches in the Master of Nursing, Pre-Specialty Program and the AG-ACNP specialty. She maintains a clinical practice in a local cardiac intensive care unit. In her free time, she enjoys Formula 1 racing, New England sports, and traveling.
- DNP, Vanderbilt University
- MSN, Northeastern University
- BSN, American International College
- AA, Bard College at Simon's Rock
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Universal design of learning in nursing
- Pre-matriculation courses for student support
- APP practice in cardiology critical care
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Human Experience of Health and Illness Across the Life Span
- Collaborative Management in Acute Care
Enstrom, C., Longbrake, E., Bernard, A., & Gage, A. (2023). Cardiogenic shock due paxlovid interaction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 81(8_Supplement), 2472. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0735-1097(23)02916-9
Enstrom, J.C., Lancaster, B., & Gast, S.A. Differentiation and treatment of shock states with guideline updates for the APRN. Podium presentation at: American Association of Critical-Care Nurses' (AACN) National Teaching Institute, May 22 2023, Philadelphia, PA.
Enstrom, J.C. Implementing universal design in a pre-licensure graduate nursing course. Presentation for National League of Nursing (NLN)'s 2023 Nursing Education Research Conference (NERC), March 30-April 1, 2023, Washington DC.
Enstrom, C., Longbrake, E., Bernard, A., & Gage, A. Cardiogenic shock due to paxlovid interaction. Poster presentation at: American College of Cardiology Annual Scientific Session, March 5, 2023, New Orleans, LA.
Enstrom, J.C., & Jessee, M.A. Easing the transition to graduate nursing school with a pre-matriculation course. Poster presentation at: American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)'s Transform 2022 Conference; December 2022. Chicago, Illinois.
Enstrom, J.C., & Gast. S.A. Adherence to low tidal volume ventilation in acute respiratory distress syndrome. Poster presentation at: American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) National Conference; June 16, 2021.
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, Centennial Medical Center, Nashville TN
- Reviewer for the Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- American College of Cardiology
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Dean Julia Hereford Teaching Award, Vanderbilt School of Nursing, 2022
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit Provider of the Quarter (Spring 2020), Vanderbilt University Medical Center