Graduate Student Council
Graduate Student Council is the student government organization at the School of Nursing. Graduate Council activities include nominating members of the Honor Council, facilitating community service projects, designing VUSN apparel, collecting student feedback, and planning social events within the School of Nursing.
- Chair: Natalie Meckel
- Vice Chair: Hailee Hunt-Hawkins
- Treasurer: Christina Wiley
- Social Chairs: Patricia Rogers and Tara Duffie
- Community Service Chairs: Malin Adams, Everest Goldstein, Mark Miller, Mary Evelyn Carroll
- PR/Communications/Lectureship Chairs: Vanessa Naimoli and Lina Marcheschi
- Subcommittee for DNP chairs: Kelli Craven, Kathy McKean, Jarvia Meggett
- Dr. Feylyn M. Lewis, Dean for Student Affairs
• The purpose of the Graduate Nursing Council is to serve as a liaison between students (MSN, Post Masters Certificate, and DNP students), faculty, administration, and the greater Vanderbilt University community. The Graduate Council achieves this purpose by providing a framework for vocalization of graduate students’ needs, serving as representatives to VUSN and University committees, and promoting social interaction within and outside of VUSN.
The Graduate Council solicits members through a self-nomination process. Interested students are encouraged to complete the attached self-nomination form. Any interested student is invited to become a member of the Graduate Council. Members will serve from September through August. Council members must be full time students in good academic standing. Graduate Council membership generally consists of members from the PreSpecialty, direct entry, DNP, and PhD student groups.
School of Nursing #179
461 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37240
Standing meeting time
- First Monday of every month at 12 PM.