Paid opportunity to help VU with contact tracing
UPDATE! All positions now filled.
Vanderbilt University, through Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, is hiring nursing professionals to work as part of the school’s contact tracing team. Paid positions are available for both Registered Nurses and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses. Excellent communication and people skills are required because the role involves direct communication with students, faculty and staff. Training in contact tracing is provided and the work is done remotely. VUSN students, staff, faculty, alumni and friends are encouraged to apply.
- Full-time positions are Monday through Friday – daytime hours.
- Part-time positions are only on weekends: Saturday and Sunday – variable hours.
- All times are in the Central time zone.
- For the full-time positions weekday positions, we prefer individuals who are willing to work 4 (9 hour) shifts 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. or 5 (8 hour) shifts either 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Consideration will be given to candidates who want to work 4 (8 hour) shifts per week.
- Weekend hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday. We ask for a commitment of at least 4 weekend shifts a month.
- You must have a current Tennessee license or be licensed in a compact state. To determine if you’re licensed in a compact state, see https://www.ncsbn.org/nurse-licensure-compact.htm
- Pay for full time is based on years of experience. Pay for part-time APRNs is $50 per hour. Part-time RN pay rate is negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
- Training is provided and conducted remotely.
Contact tracers conduct telephone interviews with students, faculty and staff who test positive for COVID-19 and their close contacts. The interview is a structured process and we use a RedCap tool to document the interview. In addition, contact tracers provide ongoing wellness checks for students in isolation and quarantine. The team works in RedCap, Microsoft Teams and an additional tool for case management.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested please apply through the links below.
Thank you again for your commitment to the health of our community.