Construction creates changes to VUSN entrances
Fencing around the new School of Nursing building construction area was put up Wednesday, May 31. For those who haven’t been to the school since then, there is a temporary walkway between the Heard Library building and the School of Nursing’s Patricia Champion Frist Hall. To reach the School of Nursing, follow the chain link fence to the temporary walkway, descend the stairs and enter the buildings as normal. To avoid stairs, people should enter from the MRB III area next to Godchaux Hall.
Here’s what to expect regarding entrances:
- The Atrium entrance will be accessible for a few more weeks, with a short 1-2 day closure within that period for tree removal. We will provide updates on when to expect it to be closed.
- The Godchaux entrance will be accessible throughout the project.
- The Annex entrance will remain accessible throughout the project.
- The Frist Hall 2nd floor back entrance will remain accessible throughout the project. VUSN faculty, staff and students will need to swipe their Vanderbilt ID badges to enter the building from this entrance.
- The back door of Godchaux will remain accessible throughout the project. VUSN faculty, staff and students will need to swipe their Vanderbilt ID badges to enter the building from this entrance.
- A second trailer will be installed in the former VUSN parking lot area next week. At that time, a ramp will be built from MRB III into the front doors of Godchaux. That ramp will provide access to the trailer. While the ramp is being built (expected to take 1-2 days), the Godchaux entrance and sidewalk from MRB III will not be accessible.
- The green space in front of Frist will remain open until the Atrium entrance is permanently closed. Please feel free to use it.
We will install temporary directional signs along the new chain link fence shortly. Please share this information with fellow students, colleagues, visitors and anyone else appropriate. Thank you for your patience.