Pinning Ceremony Information
August 2023 Pinning
Dean Pamela R. Jeffries and the faculty of the Vanderbilt School of Nursing request the pleasure of your company for the presentation of the VUSN pin to Masters of Science in Nursing graduates and for the recognition of Doctor of Nursing Graduates and Post-Master’s Certificate Graduates.
Sunday, August 6, 2023
11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
2209 Garland Avenue
Nashville, TN 37232
The 25 th Avenue Garage is the closet parking garage to Langford Auditorium. You may find this additional list of driving directions useful to review before arriving to campus.
The 11:00 AM ceremony is for the following academic programs:
Doctor of Nursing Practice
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
Nursing and Health Care Leadership
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
The 2:00 PM ceremony is for the following academic programs:
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse PractitionerEm
Emergency Nurse Practitioner
Family Nurse Practitioner
Women’s Health/Gender-Related Nurse Practitioner
RSVP and Ticketing
- Please RSVP even if you are not attending; if you are not attending, we can release your tickets to the waitlist.
- Each graduate is allotted 6 tickets. These will be electronic tickets and we will need an email address for each ticket. Please enter this information on the RSVP form.
- Graduates do not need tickets, nor do children who will sit on laps.
We do not anticipate all tickets being used; there is an option on the RSVP form to sign up for the waitlist to receive additional tickets.
- Pinning will take place in the Langford Auditorium
- Graduates should plan to arrive by 10:30 a.m. for the morning ceremony and 1:30 p.m. for the afternoon ceremony
- When you check-in, you will be given a seat number; you will be seated alphabetically within your specialty as this is the order you will be called up on stage
- You will be pinned or handed your Post-Master’s Certificate by your program director
- The ceremony is expected to last approximately one hour
Attire for Graduates
- The Pinning ceremony is not a graduation ceremony. Students do not wear academic regalia or honor cords.
- We recommend business attire for graduates