Pinning Ceremony Information
December 2023 Pinning
Dean Pamela R. Jeffries and the faculty of the Vanderbilt School of Nursing request the pleasure of your company for the presentation of the VUSN pin to Masters of Science in Nursing graduates and for the recognition of Doctor of Nursing Graduates and Post-Master’s Certificate Graduates.
Friday, December 8, 2023
4:00 p.m. CST
Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
Nursing Annex 155
Reception to follow in the Colleen Conway-Welch Atrium and Godchaux Hall Living Room
The 4:00 PM ceremony is for the following academic programs:
Doctor of Nursing Practice
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Family Nurse Practitioner
Family Nurse Practitioner/Emergency Nurse Practitioner
Dual Women’s Health/Gender-Related/Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Pinning Ceremony Logistics
- Pinning will take place at the School of Nursing in Nursing Annex, room 155. This will allow us to livestream the event to family and friends unable to attend the live ceremony. Please note, only the names of graduates attending in person will be announced.
- Graduates should plan to arrive by 3:15 p.m.
- When you check-in, you will be given a seat number; you will be seated alphabetically within your specialty as this is the order you will be called up on stage. Please note, only the graduates attending in person will have their names announced.
- You will be pinned or handed your Post-Master’s Certificate by your program director
- The ceremony is expected to last approximately one hour.
Attire for Graduates
- The Pinning ceremony is not a graduation ceremony. Students do not wear academic regalia or honor cords. The University holds Commencement once a year in May. You will be invited to return for the University Commencement ceremony, which will be followed by the School of Nursing Investiture ceremony in May 2024.
- Please fill out the RSVP form whether you plan to attend the Pinning ceremony or not. Future communications regarding Commencement 2024 will be sent to the non-Vanderbilt email address you submit on the form. If you did not fill out the RSVP form, please contact Dean Feylyn Lewis and Courtney Huff-Oelberg immediately.
- We recommend business attire for graduates.
- Strapless/spaghetti strap dresses are not appropriate as they leave nowhere to place your pin.
Parking & Travel
- If you need to book a hotel room, a list of nearby hotels (some with special preferential rates) can be found here: https://nursing.vanderbilt.edu/students/current/hotel_special_rates.php
- Parking is available in the Wesley Place Garage in any of the spots that are not marked reserved on the first or second floors before the gate. You will not have to pay, there will be a no ticket/no tow policy in place for the duration of the event.