Pinning Ceremony Information
December 2022 Pinning
Dean Pamela R. Jeffries and the faculty of the Vanderbilt School of Nursing request the pleasure of your company for the presentation of the VUSN pin to Masters of Science in Nursing graduates and for the recognition of Doctor of Nursing Graduates and Post-Master’s Certificate Graduates
Friday, December 9, 2022
Nursing Annex 155
Reception to follow in the Colleen Conway-Welch Atrium and Godchaux Hall Living Room.
This is not a ticketed event. For planning purposes, when you RSVP, please indicate the number of guests you will bring (maximum number is 10 per graduate).
The Pinning ceremony will be livestreamed. A link to view the live ceremony will posted on this webpage. Due to time limitations, only the names of the graduates present in person will be announced.
Please RSVP here
Contact Sara Putnam with any questions.
- Pinning will take place at the School of Nursing in NA 155, this will allow for us to livestream the event to family and friends unable to attend the live ceremony. Please note, only the names of graduates attending in person will be announced.
- Graduates should plan to arrive by 3:30
- When you check-in, you will be given a seat number; you will be seated alphabetically within your specialty as this is the order you will be called up on stage
- You will be pinned or handed your Post-Master’s Certificate by your program director
- The ceremony is expected to last approximately one hour
Attire for Graduates
- The Pinning ceremony is not a graduation ceremony. Students do not wear academic regalia or honor cords. The University holds Commencement once a year in May. You will be invited to return for the University Commencement ceremony, which will be followed by the School of Nursing Investiture ceremony in May 2023
- We recommend business attire for graduates
- Strapless/spaghetti strap dresses are not appropriate as they leave nowhere to place your pin
Parking & Travel
- If you need to book a hotel room, Vanderbilt maintains a list of local hotels
- Parking is available in the Wesley Place Garage in any of the spots that are not marked reserved on the first or second floors before the gate. You will not have to pay, there will be a no ticket/no tow policy in place for the duration of the event.