Travis Dunlap PhD(c), ANP-BC
Assistant Professor of Nursing
BioJ. Travis Dunlap joined the Adult Geriatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program in 2002. He also serves as an advisor in then MSN program at Vanderbilt. Professor Dunlap is presently pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Nursing Science at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville College of Nursing. He currently practices at several clinical sites affiliated with Vanderbilt Medical Group including four walk-in clinics and a NP ran clinic at Opryland.
MSN, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- Adult Nurse Practitioner through the American Nurse Credentialing Center
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- CPAP adherence in patients with sleep apnea
- Handheld mobile technology
- Urgent Care
- Heart Failure
- Advanced Health Assessment Applications
- Advanced Health Assessment and Clinical Reasoning
- Essential Procedures for the Primary Care Provider
- Pathophysiologic Concepts
- Primary Care of the Adult
Dunlap J.T., & Holburn G. (2008) Fever. In Esper, P, Kuebler KK. (Eds.), Palliative Practices from A - Z for the Bedside Clinician. 2nd ed. (pp. 139-142) Pittsburgh, PA: Oncology Nursing Society.
Dunlap J.T. (2007) Tracking Trends in the Patient with Heart Failure. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 3(6), 414 - 415.
Dunlap J.T. (2007) Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) in Critical Care Areas. Critical Care Nursing Clinics of North America, 19(1), 61-68.
- American Nurses Association
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau