Shelza Rivas DNP, WHNP-BC, AGPCNP-BC
Dr. Rivas is a board certified women's health nurse practitioner and adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner. Her special interests include providing healthcare access and patient education to underserved Latino populations. Her volunteer activities include providing education on breast and cervical cancer screenings within diverse communities in Nashville. Her current practice site is at Vanderbilt Nurse-Midwives and Primary Care at Melrose where she provides women's health and primary care services to female patients across the lifespan.
- DNP, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- MSN, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- BA, Vanderbilt University
- National Certification Corporation, WHNP
- American Nurses Credentialing Center, AGPCNP
- State of Tennessee, Certification of Authority and Certificate to Prescribe
Davis, M. G., Glassford, M., & Rivas, S. (2019). Sexually transmitted diseases in pregnancy. Nursing Clinics of North America 55(3), 403-416. doi: 10.1016/j.cnur.2020.06.004
Moore, G., Baksh, L., Parker, S., & Rivas, S. (2020). Opioid Use Disorder Screening for Women Across the Lifespan. Advances in Family Practice Nursing 3, 159-168. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yfpn.2021.01.007
Moore, G., Parker, S., Rivas, S., & Yudasz, S. E. (2020). Sexual violence screening for women across the lifespan. Advances in Family Practice 2, 77-85. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yfpn.2020.01.002
Moore, G., Baksh, L., Parker, S., & Rivas, S. (2020). Opioid use disorder screening for women across the lifespan. 2021 24th Annual NPWH Premier Women's Healthcare Conference. Virtual Presentation. October 13-16, 2021.
Smith, J. P., Rivas, S., & Vaden, C. Benefits of integrating behavioral health into a nurse-midwifery clinic. Sustaining Primary Care: Behavioral Health Integration Conference. Nashville, TN. June 11, 2020.
- American Nurses Association/Tennessee Nurses Association
- Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health (NPWH)
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN)
- Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI)