Sharon C. Jones DNP, RN
Sharon Jones holds a Master's in Occupational Health and a Doctorate of Nursing Practice. Her interest is in preventive healthcare in the community.
She values education of others, colleagues, students, and patients, and engages in education with the goal of empowering others to maintain and improve health. Dr. Jones combines these interests in teaching community and population health in the PreSpecialty level at VUSN.
Promoting health, working with communities to foster relationships that impact positive change over time, and teaching individuals, families, and communities how to take charge of their health is community health.
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Communities and Health
- Heart Health in communities
- Health Factors in Faith Communities
- Public Health
- Determinants of Health in Communities
- Occupational Health
- Disaster Planning
- Elder Issues in Independent Living
- Co-Coordinator in Enhancement of Community and Population Health
- Community Health
- American Nurses Association
- Health Ministries Association
- Middle Tennessee Parish Nurses
- Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing ? Iota Chapter
- Tennessee Nurses Association