Randall B. Smith MSN, FNP-BC
Instructor in Nursing
Mr. Randy Smith is a Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and licensed by the state of Tennessee to provide family-centered healthcare to patients of all ages. His scope of practice encompasses health promotion, disease prevention, diagnosis and management of common and complex health care problems beginning in childhood and continuing through the aging process.
Randy holds both a Registered Nurse and Master of Science degree in Nursing from Vanderbilt University School of Nursing. In addition to his clinical experience, Randy has an outstanding academic background that includes both BA and MS degrees in Education from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. He is also an instructor at the Vanderbilt University School of Nursing. Randy's combination of clinical skills and his experience as an educator provide a strong foundation for a holistic approach to providing excellent patient care.
- MSN, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- RN, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Employer-based health clinics
- Vanderbilt Gaylord Opryland Clinic
- Vanderbilt Walk-In Clinics
- Sigma Theta Tau International
Honor Society of Nursing - Iota Chapter
- Tennessee Nurses Association
- Middle Tennessee Association of
Advanced Practice Nurses