Mary Lauren Pfieffer DNP, FNP-BC, CPN
Mary Lauren Pfieffer completed her BSN at the University of Tennessee Knoxville. Upon completion of her BSN, she worked at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in the Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. She went to Vanderbilt University for her MSN degree, and is a Family Nurse Practitioner.
She comes to Vanderbilt from Lipscomb University, where she was the course coordinator for the pediatric portion of the BSN curriculum. She completed her DNP from The University of Tennessee-Knoxville. Her DNP Capstone Project is focused on an interprofessional communication module for ICU nurses. While at UTK she also pursued a Post-Master's in Nursing Education.
Mary Lauren Pfieffer's primary teaching responsibilities are in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program, in Health Assessment, Advanced Practice Nursing in Primary Care of the Adolescent, and Advanced Practice Nursing in Primary Care of the Child, and Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics. In addition to teaching at VUSN, she practices as a Family Nurse Practitioner in a family practice. She went to Nicaragua with the Nicaragua Global Health Elective with nurse practitioner students and medication students in August 2015.
- DNP, University of Tennessee-Knoxville
- MSN, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- BSN, University of Tennessee-Knoxville
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Interprofessional Communication among nurses
- Integrating interprofessional education into health care curriculums
- Serving the impoverished populations in the community
- Global Health
- Simulation in education
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing - Iota Chapter
- Tennessee Nurses Association
- Middle Tennessee Association of Advanced Practice Nurses
- Southern Nursing Research Society