Lynda L. LaMontagne 2010
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Nurse Scholar/Scientist
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Stress and coping in children undergoing medical procedures
- Coping and recovery outcomes in child surgery
- Parental stress and coping with child hospitalization, medical procedures and surgery
- Adolescent peer focused interventions
- Cognitive Behavioral Preoperative Intervention: Adolescent Spinal Fusion Surgery. Departments of Orthopaedics and Child Life, Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. Evidence-Based Intervention Translated into Pediatric Orthopaedic Practice. Principal Investigator. 2008.
- Coping/Attention Interventions & Child Surgery Outcomes. National Institutes of Health (NIH). National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR). Principal Investigator. 1997-2004.
- Children's Preoperative Coping and Postoperative Outcomes. National Institutes of Health (NIH). National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR). Principal Investigator. 1990-1997.
Vollman, M.W., LaMontagne, L.L. & Wallston, K. A. (in press). Existential well-being predicts perceived control in adults with heart failure. Applied Nursing Research.
Vollman, M.W., LaMontagne, L.L., Dietrich, M.S. & Cohen, F. (2009). Escape-avoidance coping in adults with heart failure.Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 37, S143.
Vollman, M.W., LaMontagne, L.L., & Hepworth, J.T. (2007). Coping and depressive symptoms in adults living with heart failure. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 22(2), 125-130.
Riley, L., LaMontagne, L.L., Hepworth, J.T., & Murphy, B. (2007). Parental grief response and personal growth following the death of a child. Death Studies, 31(4), 277-299.
Salisbury, M.H., LaMontagne, L.L., Hepworth, J.T. & Cohen, F. (2007). Parents' self-identified stressors and coping strategies during adolescents' spinal surgery experiences. Clinical Nursing Research: An International Journal. 16(3), 212-230.
LaMontagne, L.L., Hepworth, J. T., Salisbury, M. H., & Cohen, F. (2004). Adolescent scoliosis: Effects of corrective surgery, cognitive-behavioral interventions and age on activity outcomes. Applied Nursing Research, 17(3), 168-177.
LaMontagne, L.L., Hepworth, J.T., Cohen, F., & Salisbury, M.H. (2004). Adolescents' coping with surgery for scoliosis: Effects on recovery outcomes over time. Research in Nursing and Health, (27), 237-253.
LaMontagne, L.L., Hepworth, J., Cohen, F., & Salisbury, M. H. (2003). Cognitive-behavioral intervention effects on adolescents' anxiety and pain following spinal fusion surgery. Nursing Research, 52, 183-190. (Commendation Recognition from NR)
LaMontagne, L.L., Hepworth, J. T., Salisbury, M.H., & Cohen, F. (2003). Effects of coping instruction in reducing young adolescents' pain after major spinal surgery. Orthopaedic Nursing, 22(6), 398-403.
LaMontagne, L.L., Hepworth, J., Salisbury, M.H. & Riley, L.P.. (2003). Optimism, anxiety and coping in parents of children hospitalized for spinal surgery. Applied Nursing Research, 16(4), 228-235.
LaMontagne, L.L., Hepworth, J., & Salisbury, M. (2001). Anxiety and postoperative pain in children who undergo major orthopaedic surgery. Applied Nursing Research, 14(3), 119-124.
LaMontagne, L.L. (2000). Children's coping with surgery: A process-oriented perspective. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 15(5), 307-312.
LaMontagne, L.L., Hepworth, J.T., & Cohen, F. (2000). Effects of surgery type and attention focus on children's coping.Nursing Research, 49, 245-252.
LaMontagne, L.L., Hepworth, J.T., Byington, K.C., & Chang, C.Y. (1997). Child and parent emotional responses during hospitalization for orthopaedic surgery. Maternal Child Nursing, 22, 299-303.
LaMontagne, L.L., Hepworth, J.T., Johnson, B.D., & Cohen, F. (1996). Children's preoperative coping and its effects on postoperative anxiety and return to normal activity. Nursing Research, 45, 141-147.