Leslie W. Hopkins DNP, APRN, BC, FNP-BC, ANP-BC
Director, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Specialty
Associate Professor of Nursing
Dr. Hopkins is a board certified adult and family nurse practitioner who specializes in adult primary care. She has been teaching and practicing at Vanderbilt since 1994, and works closely with her faculty to consistently enhance the specialty to ensure it meets the needs of today's health care environment.
Her own practice experience ranges from rural family practice settings to urban, indigent care clinics. She currently practices at the Vanderbilt Williamson County walk-in clinics. Her scholarly interests relate to chronic disease management and multi-morbidity.
She and her co-authors' article, "Implementing a urinary tract infection clinical practice guideline at an ambulatory, urgent care practice," was highlighted in The Nurse Practitioner, in April 2014.
- DNP, Duke University School of Nursing
- MSN, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- BS in Pre-Nursing, David Lipscomb University
Hopkins, L., McCroskey, D., Reeves, G., & Tanabe, P. (2014). Implementing a urinary tract infection clinical practice guideline at an ambulatory, urgent care practice. The Nurse Practitioner*: The American Journal of Primary Healthcare, 39 (4):50-4. doi: 10.1097/01.NPR.0000444651.10142.06.
Coleman, L.W. (2007). Initial Laboratory Assessment of Patients with Metabolic Syndrome. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners.*4(3), 220-221.
Bumbalough, M., & Coleman, L. (1999). Aseptic herpetic meningitis: An uncommon sequelae of genital herpes. The Nurse Practitioner: The American Journal of Primary Health Care,* 24(7), 84-88.
Busby, L.C., Moore, A., Bradley, R., Covington, C., Daddario, J., Howard, E., McIntosh, E., Taylor, C., & Welch, L. (1996). Practical aspects of faculty practice: A model for excellence. Nursing and Health Care: Perspectives on Community, 17(6), 312-316.
- Tennessee Nurses Association, District 3, 1993-present
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty, 1995-present
- Sigma Theta Tau, Iota Chapter; Treasurer, 1993-present
- Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association, Middle TN Chapter, 2014-present
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 2014-present