Laurie Connors PhD(c), DNP, FNP-BC, AGN-BC, AOCNP, FAANP
Dr. Laurie Connors is a Professor of Nursing at Vanderbilt University and based on the interdisciplinary nature of her work, she has an appointment in the School of Nursing and Vanderbilt Genetics Institute. Laurie is triple board-certified as a family nurse practitioner and advanced practice nurse in genetics and oncology. Her research is focused on hereditary cancers, genomic education, and workforce skilling. Laurie has proven regional, national, and global leadership as an advanced practice nurse in genomics and oncology. Dr. Connors served as a content expert for the American Nurses Credentialing Center's advanced genetic nursing certification and is a fellow in the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. She is the recipient of National Institutes of Health genetics intramural training award for the Summer Genetics Institute. Laurie has published in science and nursing research journals and regularly presents her work at local, regional, national, and international conferences. Dr. Connors is the Principal Investigator for "TIGER" Translation and Integration of Genomics Is Essential to Doctoral NuRsing a five-year grant supported by the National Human Genome Research Institute of the National Institutes of Health and is President-elect of the International Society of Nurses in Genetics.
- Board certified family and genetic nurse practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Family Nurse Practitioner ANCC
- Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner ONCC
- Advanced Genetic Nurse ANCC
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Translation and integration of genetic and genomic data in academia and health care.
- Quality health care of cancer survivors and previvors.
- DNP education, scholarly practice, and workforce outcomes.
Translation and Integration of Genomics is Essential to Doctoral Nursing (TIGER). National Institutes of Health, National Human Genome Research Institute. R25HG011018 Connors, L.M. (PI). 05/12/2021-03/31/2026. $689,492
Explore and Evaluate Genomics in Graduate Nursing. Faculty Scholarship Award, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Vanderbilt University. Connors, L.M. (PI). 1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
- Dean's Award for Recognition for Faculty Achievement in Academics, Vanderbilt School of Nursing, 2022
- Oncology Nursing Foundation Research Doctoral Degree Academic Scholarship, 2022
- Rising Star of Research and Scholarship Award, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, 2021
- Vanderbilt University Public Health Advisory Task Force, 2020
- Founders' Award of Excellence in Genomic Nursing Education, International Society of Nurses in Genetics, 2019
- Fellow, American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 2019
- NIH Fellow/Traineeship, NINR Summer Genetics Institute, 2015
- University of Buffalo, Genome, Environment & Microbiome Community of Excellence, 2015
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Content Expert Panel ? Advanced Practice Nurse in Genetics, 2014
- DNP Scholarship Award for Advanced Practice, Oncology Nursing Society, 2013
- City of Hope Clinical Cancer Genetics Community of Practice, 2010