Kim Steanson DNP, APRN, CPNP-PC/AC
Director, Pediatric NP-Acute Care Specialty
Dr. Steanson is an assistant professor in the pediatric acute care nurse practitioner program.
She is board certified in both primary and acute care pediatrics. She has almost 20 years of experience as a nurse practitioner caring for critically ill children. She maintains current clinical practice as a pediatric nurse practitioner in the pediatric cardiac intensive care unit at Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt.
- DNP, University of South Alabama
- Post-Master's Certificate, University of South Alabama
- MSN, Vanderbilt University
- BSN, Texas Woman's University
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Negotiating failure experiences in nurse practitioner students
- Knowledge, confidence, and anxiety in new graduate nurses in the pediatric cardiac ICU
- Transition of nurses from bedside to provider roles
Steanson, K. (2020). Malaria. In: Kline-Tilford, A. and Haut, C. Cases in Pediatric Acute Care: Strengthening Clinical Decision Making. Hoboken: Wiley
Steanson, K. (2020). Osteomyelitis. In: Kline-Tilford, A. and Haut, C. Cases in Pediatric Acute Care: Strengthening Clinical Decision Making. Hoboken: Wiley
Steanson, K. An antibiotic spectrum: An approach to choosing antibiotics using an antibiogram. (2020,February). Music City NAPNAP chapter, Nashville, TN.
Steanson, K. (2021, March). An antibiotic spectrum: An approach to choosing antibiotics using an antibiogram. 42nd National Conference on Pediatric Health Care, National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners. [virtual]
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Association of Faculties of Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Programs
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Tennessee Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association