Judson Smith MSN, RN, FNP-BC, AGACNP-BC
Instructor in Nursing
Judson Smith is a co-coordinator of Pharmacology Nursing Care and clinical instructor in the PreSpecialty Level at VUSN.
Smith is dually certified as an Adult Gerontological Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and Family Nurse Practitioner. Smith has taught at VUSN since in 2014 as well as working in rural and urban Emergency departments as a Nurse Practitioner.
Smith has 11 years of clinical nursing practice and management nursing experience including ICU/ER travel nurse, Interim Director of Infection Control, ICU float nurse at St. Thomas West Hospital, and Hospital Supervisor of St. Thomas Hospital.
- MSN, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing (Acute Care/FNP-Emergency Focus)
- BSN, Chamberlain College of Nursing
- ASN, State University of New York-Canton
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Improving quality of care in the Acute Care setting
- Co-coordinator in Pharmacology
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Tennessee Nurses Association
- American Association of Nurse Practitioning
- Sigma Theta Tau inductee
- Excellence in Clinical Instruction Award - VUSN, 2015
- Special Thanks and Recognition Award - St. Thomas West Hospital, 2012
- Special Thanks and Recognition Award - St. Thomas West Hospital, 2011
- Special Thanks and Recognition Award - St. Thomas West Hospital, 2010