Jessica Wellette DNP, APRN, WHNP-BC
Jessica Wellette joined Vanderbilt University School of Nursing in 2019. She is a clinical instructor for the PreSpeciality Program and practices as a women's health nurse practitioner at the Vanderbilt Melrose Clinic. She has six years of bedside experience in high-risk obstetrics and one year of hematology/oncology experience. She taught obstetric, postpartum, and newborn clinicals at Belmont University for two years prior to joining Vanderbilt. Jessica serves as a pre-specialty advisor and is a VUceptor for Vanderbilt Visions. Her volunteer experience includes being the faculty lead for the Vanderbilt Volunteer Doula Program and is a member of the Emergency Response Team at her church.
- DNP, University of South Alabama
- MSN, University of South Alabama
- BSN, Trevecca Nazarene University and Belmont University Consortium
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Obstetric, Postpartum and Newborn Clinical
- Leadership and Management
Panepinto, R., Harris, J., & Wellette, J. (2021). A review of best practices related to intravenous line management for nurses. The Nursing Clinics of North America, 56(3), 389-399. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnur.2021.05.001
Wellette, J. (Expected Publication 2023). Chapter 27 Postpartum Complications. In B. Baker, & J. Janke (Eds). AWHONN?s Core Curriculum for Maternal-Newborn Nursing (6th ed., pp. TBD). Elsevier Publications.
- Vanderbilt Nurse-Midwives & Primary Care for Women at Melrose
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nursing
- National League for Nursing
2021, Shirley Titus Award for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning in the Clinical Setting