Jennifer Hunt DNP, RN, CNE
Jennifer Hunt joined the faculty team at Vanderbilt University School of Nursing in 2012. She has an DNP in Nursing Administration. She teaches throughout the Pre-Specialty program as a clinical instructor and lecturer. She has over 21 years of nursing experience, primarily practicing in the fields of adult medical surgical and intensive care medicine. She is a member of the Vanderbilt Center for Gerontological Nursing Excellence.
- DNP, Samford University
- MSN, Middle Tennessee State University
- BSN, Austin Peay State University
- Certified Nurse Educator, National League for Nursing
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Implementing best teaching/learning strategies for Geriatric content in the Fundamentals of Nursing and Adult Health Curriculum
- Best practice for Clinical Instruction
- Preparing students for Acute Care Nursing through innovative Intensive Care Simulation Activities
- Decreasing the rate of opioid related overdoses in the acute time period after release from incarceration, specifically in the rural communities where resources are limited
Smallheer, B., Hunt, J., & Smith, J. (2018). Using critical care simulations to prepare nursing students for capstone clinical experiences. Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing, 37(2), 69-77.
Poster Presentation: Reducing Risk of Opioid Overdose through Implementation of a Re-entry Program for Female Inmates Prior to Release. Samford University. May 2019. Recipient of the Gamma Eta Chapter Sigma Theta Tau International Scholarship Award and Iota Chapter Sigma Theta Tau International Scholarly Project Award.
Poster Presentation: An alternative clinical experience using Simple Drawing Simulation. ATI Nursing: National Nurse Educator Summit. April 2015
Poster Presentation: Preparing students for a Critical Care Capstone Experience through Simulation. ATI Nursing: National Nurse Educator Summit. April 2015
Presenter: Sensory Changes in the Geriatric Population. Vanderbilt University School of Nursing 2016 Reunion Weekend. October 2016
Presenter: Sensory Changes in the Geriatric Population. TN Simulation Alliance. November 2016
- National League for Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau, Iota Chapter
- American Nurses Association
- Tennessee Nurses Association
- National Center for Gerontological Nursing Excellence, Communications Committee
- Healthcare Financial Management Association