Jade P. Vergara MSN, APRN, AGPCNP-C
Jade Vergara graduated with her MSN in 2013 from VUSN. Her clinical experience is in home based primary care services for older adults in the community setting. She returned to VUSN in 2019 to teach in the Pre-Specialty Community Health coursework.
- MSN - Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- BS - University of Florida
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Care of the older adult in the community setting
- Social determinants of health
Vergara, J., Parish, A., & Smallheer, B. (2020). Telehealth: Opportunities in geriatric patient care during COVID-19. Geriatric Nursing 41(5), 657-658. doi: 10.1016/j.gerinurse.2020.08.013
- Currently practices in home-based primary care for adult and geriatric patients in the assisted living, memory unit, home and independent living settings.
- GAPNA of Middle TN
- Daisy Award for Recognition of Small Group Facilitator at the Prespecialty Level, 2021