Ginny Moore DNP, APRN, WHNP-BC, FAANP
Director, Women's Health/Gender-Related NP Specialty
BioDr. Moore is a board-certified Women's Health Nurse Practitioner whose special interest is populations at risk for health disparities. She has taught at Vanderbilt University School of Nursing since 1990, while practicing in a diverse number of settings that include family planning, sexual assault examination, private practice and community-based health care.
- DNP, Chatham University
- MSN, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- BSN, Western Kentucky University
- ASN, Western Kentucky University
Moore. G., Holt, J., & Raman, R. (2022). Development of a vaginal simulation model for virtual teaching of pelvic health assessment. Women?s Healthcare: A Clinical Journal for NPs. https://www.npwomenshealthcare.com/development-of-a- vaginal-simulation-model-for-virtual-teaching-of-pelvic-health/
Moore, G., Parker, S., Baksh, L., & Rivas, S. (2021). Opioid use disorder screening for women across the lifespan. Advances in Family Practice Nursing. 3:159-168. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yfpn.2021.01.007
Wayne, K., Lee, A., Kyaw, M., & Moore. G. (2021). Navigating bias against Asian Americans during Covid-19. Women's Healthcare: A Clinical Journal for NPs. 8(5): 15-17. https://www.npwomenshealthcare.com/covid-19-update-navigating-biases-against-asian-americans-during-....
Vaillancourt, S., & Moore. G. (2020). Strategies to decrease fat stigma in women's health. Women's Healthcare: A Clinical Journal for NPs. 8(5): 6-12. https://www.npwomenshealthcare.com/strategies-to-%e2%80%a8decrease-fat-stigma-%e2%80%a8in-womens-hea....
Moore, G., Parker, S., Rivas, S., & Yudasz, S. (2020). Sexual violence screening for women across the lifespan. Advances in Family Practice Nursing. 2: 77-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yfpn.2020.01.002
Vaillancourt, S., & Moore. G. (2019) Fat Stigma in Women's Health. Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 15(2): 207-208.
Trauma-informed care. NPWH Position Statement
Human sex trafficking. NPWH Position Statement
Developing Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Competencies through Innovative Community Partnerships. International Council of Nurses 2023 Congress. Montreal, Canada. July 2, 2023
Increasing Pelvic Health Assessment Proficiency through Development of a Vaginal Simulation Model for Virtual Teaching. 33rd International Nursing Research Congress. Edinburgh, Scotland. July 24, 2022.
Fat Stigma in Women's Health. 24th Annual NPWH Premier Women's Healthcare Conference. Virtual. October 15, 2021.
Fat Stigma in Women's Health. 2019 AWHONN Convention. Atlanta, GA. June 10, 2019.
Trauma-Informed Care of the Sexual Assault Survivor. 2019 AWHONN Regional Section Conference. Nashville, TN. April 13, 2019.
Preventative Care for Adult Survivors of Sexual Assault. Tennessee Coalition's 16th Annual Conference - Shaping Communities: Creating Connections Across Tennessee. Tennessee Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence. Franklin, TN. April 9, 2018
Teaching Strategies for the Promotion of Effective Patient Communication in Vulnerable Women. 28th International Nursing Research Congress. Dublin, Ireland. July 29, 2017.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Nurses Association/Tennessee Nurses Association (ANA/TNA)
- Asian American Pacific Islander Nurses Association (AAPINA)
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health (NPWH)
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF)
- Sigma Theta Tau
- AAPINA Yu (Philip) Xu Mentoring Award, 2021
- NPWH Inspiration in Education Award, 2021
- VUSN "Tradition Meets Innovation" Award for Faculty, 2021
- VUSN Alma Gault Alumni Award for Public Service, 2019
- March of Dimes Tennessee Chapter Nurse of the Year - Women's Health Award, 2017
- Tennessee Nurses Association Nursing Excellence in Education Award, 2016