Erica Stone DNP, RN, NP-C
Erica Stone is a clinical instructor in the pre-specialty level at VUSN and contributes to educating future nurses on a cardiovascular unit at Saint Thomas Hospital. Stone also works as a family nurse practitioner at Gallatin CARES health clinic which she pioneered in 2012 to help meet the needs of people without health insurance in Sumner County.
Ms. Stone has a passion for improving community health especially among the uninsured, homeless, and impoverished. She serves as the adult health clinical liaison and the Docucare electronic health record representative.
Stone has 9 years of clinical nursing practice including a history of: Family Nurse Practitioner at Donelson Family Practice, Nashville TN; critical care staff nurse at Saint Thomas Hospital, Nashville, TN; and faculty at VUSN since 2007.
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Improving access and utilization of care in impoverished populations
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Professional Development
- Tennessee Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association
- Middle Tennessee Association of Advanced Practice Nurses
- Excellence in Clinical Instruction Award - VUSN, 2009