Carol Ziegler DNP, NP-C, RD
Cross-College Scholar, Affiliated Faculty, Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health/Family Nurse Practitioner, Meharry Family Practice
Dr. Ziegler has been a Family Nurse Practitioner at Meharry Family Clinic in Nashville and an Instructor for Meharry Medical College since 2007. In her clinical practice, she is currently working with Nashville International Center for Empowerment to increase access to healthcare and community resources for Nashville?s refugee population. In her role as Assistant Professor of Nursing in the FNP program, she coordinates N6011 and N6011L, Advanced Health Assessment and Clinical Reasoning Didactic and Lab courses; N 8072, Fundamentals of Global Health- Addressing Global Health Disparities; N6080- Interdisciplinary Topics in Global Health, and N6084 ? Planetary Health, Policy and Social Justice. She also teaches in Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics, FNP Adult Primary Care, Advanced Health Assessment Applications, and all FNP clinical courses. Currently her scholarly activity is focused in 2 areas; the role and integration of traditional healers in Western Kenya?s health care environment, and the development and integration of effective models that align community adaptation to climate stress with carbon mitigation policy, focusing on the role of primary care providers in environmental health.
- Nashville International Center for Empowerment (NICE)-Meharry Clinical Partnership
- Latino Public Health Coalition: Refugee Health Initiatives, Office of Minority Health, Metro Nashville Public, Health Department
- Nashville Task Force: Caring for Women with Circumcision in Nashville
- Environmental Health Community Advisory Group, Metro Nashville Public, Health Department
- Community Environmental Risk Assessment Subcommittee, Metro Nashville Public Health Department
- Adverse Childhood Events (ACE) Nashville Leadership Team, Metro Nashville Public Health Department/ Meharry Medical College
Ziegler CC, Morelli V, Fawibe O. 2017. Climate Change and Underserved Communities. Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice, 44(1), 171-184.
Morelli V, Ziegler CC, Fawibe O. 2017. Environmental Justice and Underserved Communities. Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice, 44(1), 155-170.
Ziegler, C., Lauderdale, J. 2016. Nandi Traditional Healers: Sentinels in an Underserved Environment. Journal of Cultural Diversity, 23(4), 144-150.
Ziegler, C. 2013. Travel-Related Illness, Critical Care Nursing Clinics of North America, 25(2), 333-340.
Ziegler, Carol C. 2013. The chest assessment and interpretation. Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 9(3), 182-183.
Ziegler, C., Sidani, M. (2011). Diets for successful aging. Clinics in Geriatric Medicine, 27(4), 577-589.
McEntee, M., Ziegler, C., et al. (2008). Dietary n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids enhance hormone ablation therapy in androgen-dependent prostate cancer. American Journal of Pathology, 173(1), 229-241.
Sidani, M., Ziegler, C. Heart Disease: Who needs to be concerned and what to do. Wellness and Prevention; An Issue of Primary Care Clinics in Office Practice. Eds. Zoorob, R., Morelli, V. Saunders Press, 1st ed. 2008.
Ziegler, C., Rainwater, L., McEntee, M., Whelan J. (2004). Dietary resveratrol does not affect intestinal tumorigenesis in ApcMin/+ Mice. Journal of Nutrition. 134, 5-10.
Ziegler, C., Howland, E., Mentzel C. Climate Change and the role of Nurses: Teaching Policy Advocacy in Global Health, National League for Nursing Summit, San Diego, CA, September 2017
- Tennessee Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Dean’s Award for Recognition of Faculty Achievement in Social Justice – 2021