New members join VUSN Alumni Board
Fourteen Vanderbilt University School of Nursing alumni have joined the school’s alumni board, President Tiffany Street, MSN ‘03, and Vice President Ty Williams, MSN ‘03, DNP ‘12, announced.
The members represent a variety of specialties, degrees, regions and eras. They are:
- Brooklyn Beaupre, MSN ‘14 (Adult-Gerontology Acute Care), Johnson City, Tennessee;
- Margaret McKinney Buxton, MSN ‘98 (Nurse-Midwifery), Nashville, Tennessee;
- Christina R. Cardy, MSN ‘16 (Adult-Gerontology Acute Care), Tampa, Florida;
- Charlotte Mathias Covington, BSN ‘69, MSN ‘89 (BSN/Family Care), Nashville, Tennessee;
- Clarissa “Claire” Givens Crunk, MSN ‘08 (Women’s Health), Sante Fe, Tennessee;
- Allison A. Davis, DNP ‘15 (DNP program), Gallatin, Tennessee;
- Jane Dempster, BSN ‘78 (BSN program), Garland, Texas;
- John Derrick, MSN ‘13 (Pediatric Primary Care), Aurora, Colorado;
- Melissa D. Kalensky, DNP ‘15 (DNP), Chicago, Illinois;
- Hannah Carroll Lowe, MSN ‘14 (Family), Knoxville, Tennessee;
- Cathy A. Maxwell, Ph.D. ‘12 (Ph.D. program), Hermitage, Tennessee;
- Kaitlin C. Neary, MSN ‘13 (Adult-Gerontology Acute Care), Nashville, Tennessee;
- Tanya Sorrell, MSN ‘03 (Psychology-Mental Health), Aurora, Colorado; and
- Joshua Thornsberry, MSN ‘12 (Primary Care), Powder Springs, Georgia.
The role of the alumni board is to steer the activities and interests of the Alumni Association, with particular attention to establishing and maintaining a strong alumni network, fostering positive student interactions with alumni, and increasing the community’s awareness of the role of advanced practice nursing.