Remote Proctor from Software Secure Inc. (www.softwaresecure.com) is an online exam proctoring technology that enables online and distance learning students to take proctored exams from the comfort and convenience of their own home or office.
The process identifies a student and records video and audio and screen capture throughout the student's exam, which is simultaneously communicated to SSI’s restricted-access secure servers. The video, audio and screen capture are used for the purpose of ensuring academic integrity during the testing process. The purpose of this technology is to better comply with evolving accreditation standards.
On-line Testing Policies
- Remote Proctor NOW Testing Policy [PDF]
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to use Remote Proctor NOW [Video]
- Remote Proctor System Requirements
Remote Proctor NOW:
Fall 2015: RPNOW is the ONLY option for VUSN students
Remote Proctor NOW is the newest line of remote proctoring products from Software Secure. It is designed to be used with your existing computer and webcam, allowing you to take exams anytime and anywhere. Using RP Now, you can be in your exam in less than five minutes. There’s no extra hardware or software to install . You’ll use a simple browser based application to take your exams with ease from the comfort of your home.
- Low cost of $170 for your lifetime software license, you can pay with credit/debit card or PayPal
- You only need a standard webcam (built-in to your computer, or plugged into a USB port).
- No hardware to take with you if you’re on the road – and no shipping cost!
- No additional software to install on your computer
- Easy & hassle free
- 24/7x365 tech support, with built-in chat feature to communicate with support technicians
NOTE: The operating system and version on your computer is important. Remote Proctor Now will not work with Windows XP or Mac 10.6.x or Mac 10.7.x.
Student Technical Support
— How to use Remote Proctor NOW [Video]
Remote Proctor User Group
— Blackboard Courses & Organizations VUSN Remote Proctor Users
- Faculty/ Staff Technical Support
High speed (DSL, Cable or LAN) is required. Dialup, cellular high speed and satellite Internet services are not supported with the Remote Proctor system.
The screen resolutions should be a minimum of 1024 x 768.
How to change screen resolution: