Database Development and Management
Designing and building a data management device for your study ensures good data collection. Consultation on database design and management will be one of the areas covered in your initial project meeting with CRDS Director Dr. Mariann Piano and the CRDS staff.
For CRDS team members to assist you in any of the following areas in a timely fashion, please contact us early in your project.
- Identify a database or data collection device based on the needs of your project (REDCap, SPSS, Access, Excel)
- Design and/or build a database
- Troubleshoot design & collection strategies in REDCap*
- REDCap User Guide
Creating a REDCap Payment Form Checklist Updated 2/19/2021
Creating a REDCap Incentive Management Checklist Updated 2/19/2021
Creating a REDCap Messenger Conversation Checklist Updated 12/01/2019
- REDCap User Rights Checklist Updated 2/19/2021
- Creating a REDCap Finance Report Checklist Updated 2/19/2021
- Submitting REDCap Documents Checklist Updated 2/19/2021
- Assist with downloads or conversion of existing data sets
*REDCap is a powerful and convenient data collection tool. Users can design surveys or online data collection forms, or a combination of both depending on their project needs. REDCap offers excellent tutorial and support services. Please take advantage of the training videos and consider attending their weekly support clinic with questions about your project in addition to seeking CRDS support.
For assistance in any of these areas, please contact Sylvie Muhimpundu.