Susan Andrews DNP, RN, CNE, CPN
Susan Andrews joined the Vanderbilt University School of Nursing faculty in 2010, coming from a diverse background in clinical practice, nursing leadership and education. She began her career in pediatric oncology and PICU. She has been a Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN) since 1990 and a received her Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) in 2018. Her scholarly interests include global health, innovative teaching strategies, and pediatric nursing. Susan serves as a prespecialty academic student advisor and on the VUSN School Life Committee.
- DNP, Samford University (Nursing Administration and Education)
- MSN, University of Tampa (Nursing Education)
- BSN, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
- Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN)
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Global Health
- Innovative Teaching Strategies and Curriculum Development
- Improvement Science in Nursing Education
- Interprofessional Education
- Nursing Leadership
- Pediatric Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Professional Nursing Series (Ethical/Legal, Evidence Based Practice, Leadership)
- Nursing Education
Andrews, S. (2006). Care of the child in the acute care setting. In V. Bowden & C. Greenberg (eds.) Children and their families: The continuum of care (2nd ed. ) Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins.
Emotional Intelligence and its impact upon Team and Leader Effectiveness. OR Live Today Surgical Conference. Nashville, TN (co-presenter), 2018.
Culturally Sensitive Guidelines for Short Term Medical Mission Trips. Samford University. Birmingham, AL (poster), 2018.
Implementation of a Pediatric Focused Skills Orientation. ATI National Nurse Educator Summit. Nashville, TN (poster), 2016.
The Pediatric Toy Project: Creative Teaching of Growth and Development. Society of Pediatric Nurses Annual Conference. Anaheim, CA (poster), 2015.
Creative Teaching of Growth and Development to Accelerated Nursing Students. Summer Institute for Evidence Based Practice. University of Texas Health Sciences Center. San Antonio, TX (poster), 2014.
Exploring Global Health: A Pediatric Nurse?s Journey to Botswana. April Fest. Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Nashville, TN (presentation), 2014.
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Omicron Delta Kappa - National Leadership Honor Society
- Society of Pediatric Nurses
- Institute for Pediatric Nursing (IPN), Academic Educator Representative
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Nursing Alumni Board - Past President
- Sigma Theta Tau - Gamma Eta Chapter Scholarship Award
- The TEAL Award - Teamwork-Excellence-Attitude-Leadership - Tampa General Hospital