Nancy Kraft MSN, APRN, NNP-BC
Instructor in Nursing
Nancy Kraft received her BSN from Georgetown University and her MSN from Vanderbilt University School of Nursing.
Nancy has 44 years of clinical experience working with infants and their families, with more than 20 years recently as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner in the NICU at Monroe Carell Jr. Children?s Hospital at Vanderbilt.
She currently is an instructor for the Neonatal Nurse Practitioner specialty at VUSN.
- MSN, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- BSN, Georgetown Univesity
- AA, George Washington University/Mount Vernon campus
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Pain control for infants
- Developmentally supportive care in the NICU
Cofer B, Carter B, Kraft N., Hodge D, Nelson K, Luckett T, Hays S, Deshpande J. An interdisciplinary quality improvement approach to pain management in the neonatal ICU. Pain Research & Management. 2006; 11 (Suppl B):41B.
Cofer, B.E., Bryant, J.B., Kraft, N.L., Ewing, A.C., Hodge, D.S., Hays, S., Engelhardt, B., Carter, B.S. and Deshpande, J.K.: An interdisciplinary quality improvement approach to pain management in the neonatal ICU. J Invest Med 2005;53(1):S283.
Kraft N.L. A pictorial and video guide to circumcision without pain. Advances in Neonatal Care. 2003;3:50-64.
Grubbs TC, Kraft N.L. Neonatal transport issues with prostaglandin E1 infusions. Air Medical Journal. 2002;21:8-12.
- Advanced Neonatal Health Assessment
- The Newborn Book by Janelle L. Aby. 2014, Book Villages, Colorado Springs, CO.
- Peer Review Panel: NANN's Advances in Neonatal Care 2001 - present
- Workbook in Practical Neonatology by Polin RA, Yoder MC, and Burg FD. Published in Journal of Perinatology 2002;22:95.
- PREEMIES - The Essential Guide for Parents of Premature Babies by Linden DW, Paroli ET, and Doron MW. Published in Journal of Perinatology 2001;21:346.
- National Association of Neonatal Nurses
- National Association of Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
- Academy of Neonatal Nurses
- ANA - American Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing - Iota Chapter
- Sarah K. Archer Award for Outstanding Contributions in Teaching, Scholarliness, and Faculty-Student Relations, for several years
- Practice Improvement Through Research Award, VUMC 2000