Mallory Miller DNP, APRN, AGACNP-BC
Instructor in Nursing
Dr. Mallory Miller officially joined the AGACNP faculty at VUSN in 2019 after assisting on a voluntary basis for the previous three years.
Her clinical background is in caring for cardiology and cardiac surgery patients in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit prior to transitioning into her practice as an inpatient nurse practitioner in a general cardiology division.
Her research and scholarly interests include elucidating risk factors that lead to increased length of stay and recidivism in cardiology patients, utilizing nurse practitioners in the hospital to improve patient care, and community education regarding lifestyle modifications to prevent and treat cardiovascular disease.
- DNP, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- MSN, Vanderbilt University
- BSN, Lipscomb University
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Fundamental Critical Care Support - Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support - American Heart Association
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Identifying risk factors that lead to increased length of stay and recidivism in patients with atrial fibrillation after radiofrequency ablation
- Utilizing nurse practitioners in the inpatient setting to improve patient care and patient satisfaction while decreasing length of stay
- Community education regarding lifestyle modifications to prevent and treat cardiovascular disease
- Part-time clinical faculty in the AGACNP program
- AGACNP - Cardiology Division - Jackson-Madison County General Hospital, Jackson,TN
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Iota Chapter