Laura Webb MSN, RN-BC
Laura Webb began teaching in the pre-specialty program in 2017, coming from many years of experience as a psychiatric nurse and nurse leader.
She manages the child and adolescent inpatient program and float pool at Vanderbilt Behavioral Health. Her special interests center around creating a culturally sensitive environment for patients and serving a marginalized population with dignity and compassion.
She has focused education for nursing staff on self-care, emotional intelligence, and connecting with every patient.
Organizationally she has participated in extensive work serving the behavioral health population in medical settings at Vanderbilt.
- MSN, Austin Peay State University
- BSN, Middle Tennessee State University
- BS Psychology, Middle Tennessee State University
- ANCC Board Certification in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Trauma-informed care initiatives for nurses working in unpredictable environments
- Sigma Theta Tau