This article shows you how to create groups in Brightspace.
Create a Group
Groups on the Navbar
The groups tool allows you to create and edit groups and categories. The categories house a collection of related groups. Groups subdivide the learners
- Enter the name of the Category
- Add a description
- Pick one of the 7 enrollment types which define how learners are enrolled and how many groups are created. Each type of enrollment selection will change item #4 accordingly
- Number of groups or students
- Group Prefix: Precedes the group number upon creation
- Additional Options | Create a workspace: Workspace will be associated with the Group category. Workspaces can include discussion areas, lockers, and assignment submission folders
Set up the workspaces that you’ve selected in Step 3
- For Discussion Area: You can create or choose a forum that will be available to you and the group members. Select the forum or create a new one.
- Submission folders
TIP: Only check this option if you want ONE FILE to be submitted per group and grade and feedback will be the same for all group members
Create and Next
Workspace Summary: Review your summary and click D
Review the Category and click
Verify that all the groups are set up correctly.