The purpose of this article is to explain how to attach an assignment to a grade item in the Brightspace gradebook.
Navigate to the assignments tool
Assessmentsin the top navbar
New Submission Folder
TIP: If your assignment has already been created, click the next to the assignment name, and click
Edit Submission Folder. You can then edit any of the assignment information and associate it to a grade item (see #4 in Step 3).
Set up the assignment
- Enter Name for the assignment
- Select Individual or Group submission folder
- Select a Category, if you have categories setup (or create New Category)
- Select a Grade Item, if you have one. If you have not yet created the grade item in the gradebook, do that first. Click here for more information.
- Enter Out Of value (We recommend 100)
- Attach a Rubric, if desired
- Enter Instructions for the students (optional)
- Add Attachments (optional)
- Select Submission Options
- Enter an email address if you want to be notified when someone submits an assignment
Save and Close