The purpose of this article is to explain how to add artifacts to your Brightspace ePortfolio.
- Types of Artifacts
- Adding Artifacts from My Items
- Adding Artifacts from the Dashboard
- Adding Reflections from Course Content
- Video: Create an Artifact
Types of Artifacts
There are many types of artifacts you can add to your Brightspace ePortfolio:
- Reflection: Record your thoughts, goals, ideas, and more
- Link: Add a link to a website
- File: Upload a file from your computer or course locker
- Web Document: Create and add web documents that include formatted text, images, videos, audio files, and links
- Audio Recording: Record an audio file directly within the ePortfolio
- Form Response: Add form responses by filling out available form templates
- Course Results: Import assignment submissions, quizzes, and grades
Adding Artifacts from My Items
From the My Items page, click
Add and select the artifact type from the drop-down list.
- Add a file name
- Complete any other requested information
- Modify the file’s name (optional)
- Add a description for the artifact
- Change or Edit the file before saving
- Modify comment and assessment permissions
- Displays which presentations the artifact is included in
- Associate course learning objectives to the artifact (if used in the course)
Save and Close
Adding Artifacts from the Dashboard
You can add artifacts from two locations on the ePortfolio Dashboard.
Add Filesto upload a file from your computer or
Add Linkto add a link to a website
Add Other Itemsto add a Web Document, Audio Recording, Form Response, or Course Results.
Follow steps 2-4 under My Items
Adding Reflections from Course Content
You can add reflections on topics that appear within the Content tool of a course.
From the topic page, scroll down and click the
Reflect in ePortfolio button
- Enter a title for the reflection
- Enter your reflection comments
Click View reflection in ePortfolio to see the reflection in your portfolio