This article explains how Course Builder enables you to interact with your course materials, learning experiences, and assessments in one consolidated interface so you can visualize and review your entire course at once on Brightspace.
- Creating your Course
- Creating an Outline
- Adding New Content
- Adding Existing Content
- Content in the Tree View
- Instructional Video
Course admin tab click on
Creating your Course
When starting a blank canvas, the first thing you need to add is a module.
You can click the Add Module icon or you can drag the icon to the module in the tree structure.
Drag and drop method
Creating an Outline
To build an outline you can drag or click icons and and place holders to the tree view.
- Create a module
- Create a link placeholder
- Create a file placeholder
- Create a discussion placeholder
- Create an assignment submission placeholder
- Create a quiz placeholder
Adding New Content
To add new content you can drag or click content to the modules.
- Create a link.
- Search for a Learning Object ( If you have placed any objects on the learning repository).
- Create an HTML file.
- Create a discussion.
- Create an assignment submission folder.
- Create a quiz.
- Create an associate a new grade item.
- Create and associate a new learning objective (See an Instructional Designer)
TIP: Each item is a basic placeholder. The dialog box that appears contains selected settings. For more advance configuration options access an object from the native tool.
Adding Existing Content
Navigate the appropriate content area to find existing content. The options are:
A browser window will open. For this example we clicked on Course Files
You can add an existing file, or upload a new file.
- To add an existing file, click on the file.
2. You can
preview the file. If it’s the right file click the button
add to course.
3. Select the location. The file will be placed in the module.
Content in the Tree View
You can move modules by dragging and dropping. You will also have the choice to copy the structure of the module or delete.
You can edit the name and restrictions of the highlighted module
You can upload multiple files to the highlighted module and arrange them.
You can switch in between draft and published settings of the highlighted module